Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2006, 10:15 AM

Default Re: The Well: TheRempel

[ QUOTE ]
Hands 1 and 3 are ugly. The last hand I'm not so sure. Certainly at 2-4 and above the maxim "bet isn't a made hand" isnt true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh. Hand 1 is ridiculously standard. If he the type of player not to stack off with AA post flop then I could fold preflop maybe.

Hand 3 I am talking about a very player specific read. Villain would not lead here with a redraw in a reraised pot.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:49 AM

I can't find the actual HH in PTO. PokerAce must have missed grabbing the hand

This is how it went:

Stacks:

Villain : $17400
TheRempel: $8900 (bought in for $3500 and won small small pots)

I got dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in UTG in a 6 max 50/100 game and raise to $350. Button called and the villain called in the SB.

Flop came 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain (SB) lead for $600 into like $1200 pot, I made it $3K, he just smoothcalled.

Turn came the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and he set me all in, I called of course.

River was the T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], he showed 6778 with no diamonds and of course MHING. Nice little 96/4 parlay on the flop that sent me into ubertilt.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:15 AM

If you wanna critique feel free. Sit down and watch the $200 PLO games on party and see how bad they are. They play worse than most $25 games did 6 months ago.

I would expect something more constructive from a Cardplayer writer, but then again Joe Sebok writes for Cardplayer too.

The AA67 hand I definitely could have raised the turn but I was happy sending a message to the table. As I said, this player would be happy to c/r the flop with any set, KKTx, QJxx, KQJT, QJT9, etc etc, basically every hand I am in trouble against. That's what is making these games so good. The lead into a multiway pot out of the SB is a pretty clear bare draw from this specific player. The only thing I am remotely worried about is something very weird and unlikely like KQT6, but he would definitely go for a checkraise with that hand.

The QQT6 hand plays itself vs a straightforward player. Preflop is definitely iffy, but can I say with 100% certainty that he almost never has anything like JT with a redraw. Against trickier and less obvious players I would fold preflop and fold the flop if I somehow misclicked my way into the pot.
Old 11-25-2006, 11:18 AM

Hand 1. I'm still not convinced this is a preflop call. As the foe will not pass on the flop it is a very thin raise. And as he will always stack here the "mixing up play" argument doesnt really work.

Hand 3. Without crunching the numbers I suspect you're not a favourite over a naked tj. And what if the button has the nut flush draw? The play only makes sense if the early better has a set a large % of the time.

gl

dd
Old 11-25-2006, 11:30 AM

Vs a bare JT I am a 52/48 dog on that flop.

Yes the preflop reraiser could have the nut flush draw. I didn't think he was all that likely to have AA actually. After the previous hand he made a bunch of comments about 'omg you put your money in on the flop with a pair of tens, etc' so I think his range is pretty big and includes a lot of hands like TT-KK, especially since I am lagging it up.

It is definitely a very thin push but given the situation I would not play it any other way postflop.
Old 11-25-2006, 12:04 PM

You are crushed in hand 5. The only safe river cards for you were any 4, 3 or 2 that werent a club.
Looks like a results orintated hand shown to prove a point.
nice that you add that u wanted to [censored] with him to justify a horrible call.

Hand 3 you push for value? against his worst possible holding (bare 10 J) you are dog.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you wanna critique feel free. Sit down and watch the $200 PLO games on party and see how bad they are. They play worse than most $25 games did 6 months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are still answering questions...

I have noticed on Full Tilt recently that the $25 and $100 games are tighter than tight. However, the $50 and $200 games are nice and juciy.

Since you've played the $25-->$200 levels over the last 4 months, do you notice odd game selection/distribution between levels at sites you've played and if so do you take this into account when selecting game levels as per your bankroll management guidelines?
Old 11-25-2006, 10:40 PM

Hahaha.

Like I said, I should have pushed the turn in the AA67 hand but I wasn't anywhere near crushed. All of his two pair / trips outs make him a straight or me a boat and the clubs are a worry but he does not need the BFD to bet the turn. It's got nothing to do with results. If he would have made the flush and I paid him off I would have posted it anyway. I basically just posted all the big pots I played in a short session.

Hand 3 - what are you [censored] retarded? The best possible hand he has is JT with no spades. I don't know how many times I have to say it, but against the button he is not leading with JT and a spade draw. He may have QJT which obviously reduces my hand to just a flush draw, but his worst possible hand here is two pair with some kind of flush draw, followed by a set then JT. The only issue I have with the way I played the hand is as Dave said and the button wakes up with the nut flush draw. When he does have aces, he'll have the As 50% of the time and a second spade 25.2%, resulting in a 12.6% chance he'll have the NFD. This pushes the hand into -EV even given my read so yeah I could've folded.
Old 11-25-2006, 10:44 PM

I have noticed on Full Tilt recently that the $25 and $100 games are tighter than tight. However, the $50 and $200 games are nice and juciy.

Since you've played the $25-->$200 levels over the last 4 months, do you notice odd game selection/distribution between levels at sites you've played and if so do you take this into account when selecting game levels as per your bankroll management guidelines?

I haven't played below $200 since July and have only played party and a little FT so I can't really answer this question effectively. There have always been weird little things going on at certain levels. $50 PLO on stars was always a nitfest while $25 and $100 were extremely loose. I've never played below $200 on FT.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:18 AM

TheRempel, thanks for answering these questions. Are you still learning thew different concepts and hand strenghts in omaha or is it now a matter of table selection and getting reads on opponents.