Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2006, 07:07 PM

Default 25/50 every street = ??

-----------------------------------------

Hand #37040948-1970 at Meilieha (Pot Limit Omaha)
Started at 27/Nov/06 18:01:20

clownTown is at seat 0 with $4950.
B2Bullets is at seat 1 with $5000.
matherhacker is at seat 3 with $1644.50.
R0Y H0BBS is at seat 5 with $2199.50.
The button is at seat 5.

clownTown posts the small blind of $25.
B2Bullets posts the big blind of $50.

clownTown: Ts Qd Th 8c
B2Bullets: -- -- -- --
matherhacker: -- -- -- --
R0Y H0BBS: -- -- -- --

Pre-flop:

matherhacker folds. R0Y H0BBS folds. clownTown
calls. B2Bullets raises to $150. clownTown calls.

Flop (board: 3d 2d 9c):

clownTown checks. B2Bullets bets $300. clownTown
raises to $1200. B2Bullets calls.

Turn (board: 3d 2d 9c Js):

clownTown bets $2700. B2Bullets calls.

River (board: 3d 2d 9c Js Jh):

clownTown goes all-in for $900. B2Bullets calls.

Showdown:

clownTown shows Ts Qd Th 8c.
clownTown has Ts Th 9c Js Jh: two pair, jacks and tens.
B2Bullets shows Jd Ad 4c 8s.
B2Bullets has Jd Ad 9c Js Jh: three jacks.

Hand #37040948-1970 Summary:

$2 is raked from a pot of $9900.
B2Bullets wins $9898 with three jacks.
----------------------------------------------------------------

like 3rd hand at table no read. preflop mayb ei should fold but after i limped i didind't feel like folding, okay? flopjust thought he auto raised me in position then auto continuation flop bet he can have any hand here and will fold enough. turn logic seems straight forward even if its not right. and then the river is up to quesiton too i thinks
Old 11-27-2006, 07:31 PM

Default Re: 25/50 every street = ??

[ QUOTE ]

like 3rd hand at table no read. preflop mayb ei should fold but after i limped i didind't feel like folding, okay? flopjust thought he auto raised me in position then auto continuation flop bet he can have any hand here and will fold enough. turn logic seems straight forward even if its not right. and then the river is up to quesiton too i thinks

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop is basically a pure bluff, which you should be doing some percentage of the time when raised/c-bet. Turn/river are pretty standard. I sometimes raise preflop.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:02 PM

Turn is standard and river plays itself given the stack sizes. The only way to possibly win this hand (in hindsight) is to call flop, c/r turn and hope he folds (still unlikely).

Your hand is fine to play preflop. The raise on the flop is probably the most questionable part of this hand and the part that got you into trouble.

c/c flop , c/c or (c/r) turn, c/f river also possible though. As I said, c/r that turn is acceptable.

edit: turn action after c/c flop is subjective and has to do with mixing up your play.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:38 PM

This is another example of what happens when you play in raised pots oop and start to feel your being cb too much. But I've said this to you before.

gl

dd
Old 11-27-2006, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn is standard and river plays itself given the stack sizes. The only way to possibly win this hand (in hindsight) is to call flop, c/r turn and hope he folds (still unlikely).

Your hand is fine to play preflop. The raise on the flop is probably the most questionable part of this hand and the part that got you into trouble.

c/c flop , c/c or (c/r) turn, c/f river also possible though. As I said, c/r that turn is acceptable.

edit: turn action after c/c flop is subjective and has to do with mixing up your play.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no value in calling this flop.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:01 PM

On the flop if I wanted to bluff I would have led. Turn is fine but save your final 900 on the river he isn't folding a hand better than TT for that and you may have the best hand.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop if I wanted to bluff I would have led. Turn is fine but save your final 900 on the river he isn't folding a hand better than TT for that and you may have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there's some chance he will fold with a hand better than TT and a some chance he will call with a hand worse than TT. But if he's unlikely to bet an overpair (when he would have called) and somewhat likely to bluff (when he would have folded), then yeah c/c is def better.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:57 PM

The only major thing I can see that I dont like is the flop. I think as aba said you should lead out rather than c/r. If you have no read then how do you know if he's cbetting or semi-bluffing the flop? How often will he fold? What hand range does he have? Generally the best option is to lead out as it'll cost less than a c/r if it goes wrong

Turn is fine and river is fine. You're getting 10-1 that he's got a missed draw or some kind of lesser hand like 9xxx w/diamonds etc.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no value in calling this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Being out of position sucks but its another way to mix up your play. You can follow it up with a c/r on the turn because of the big draw we picked up (as long as you do this with sets as well). If it gets checked through that's fine as well. Basically we aren't wanting to bloat this pot as much as bruiser did by c/r the flop.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:55 PM

say you c/c flop and the turn blanks, your play?