Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2006, 10:56 AM

Default Create an offshore bank account

Hi folks,

We've been working with a payment provider which appears to have been ahead of the curve on this issue. Here's the deal:

They are a real bank, located in Europe, that will let you create a real bank account at their bank online (takes about 3 minutes to set up). At that point, you can fund your bank account with either CC or bank-to-bank EFT.

Since this is a real bank account, they do hit you with a $50 charge to set up the account (I think). But you're able to within minutes set up the account, fund it and then take the cash to any site they deal with.

It's my understanding that NO bank-to-bank transactions can be blocked. You also are able to get a Visa Electron card from this same account (not useful in the US I believe, but widely accepted across Europe).

We've not announced this service yet, but I'm curious as to anyone's interest in such a service. Have you seen something similar in your travels around the net?

Doug
Old 09-30-2006, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Create an offshore bank account

Are you smoking crack?

If not then you a pushing a scam.

I live in Europe and no legitimate 'bank' is going to do this.

I think this post should be deleted.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:59 AM

Of course we are all interested. But how are they/you going to get around "know your customer" rules put in place regarding money laundering? They can't know us unless they request docs mailed/faxed to them or we go there. Most of us won't have a prob with docs being sent, as long as it's not a laundry list of same.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:00 AM

of course, but it comes down to whether u guys, or partypoker can somehow get the fish to use these methods. as a player, im not worried abuot funding the acct or withdrawing, thats easy to find a way around. but if the fish cant, whats the point?
Old 09-30-2006, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
of course, but it comes down to whether u guys, or partypoker can somehow get the fish to use these methods. as a player, im not worried abuot funding the acct or withdrawing, thats easy to find a way around. but if the fish cant, whats the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

My whole point on this is that the fish have already been using Neteller. Virtually no banks of any size have allowed these transactions for awhile so the fish must already be using Neteller. I live in Charlotte and BOS and Wachovia (2nd and 6th on the top 10 list) do not allow it. So the point is if the fish have already used neteller wont they go this extra step as well?
Old 09-30-2006, 11:07 AM

if they indeed know about it, if its easy, and if it stays a legal way of depositing without furur frist and his cronies making it illegal again.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi folks,

We've been working with a payment provider which appears to have been ahead of the curve on this issue. Here's the deal:

They are a real bank, located in Europe, that will let you create a real bank account at their bank online (takes about 3 minutes to set up). At that point, you can fund your bank account with either CC or bank-to-bank EFT.

Since this is a real bank account, they do hit you with a $50 charge to set up the account (I think). But you're able to within minutes set up the account, fund it and then take the cash to any site they deal with.

It's my understanding that NO bank-to-bank transactions can be blocked. You also are able to get a Visa Electron card from this same account (not useful in the US I believe, but widely accepted across Europe).

We've not announced this service yet, but I'm curious as to anyone's interest in such a service. Have you seen something similar in your travels around the net?

Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are considering doing this, you better "get crackin", because there will be dozens of others doing so.

As with all thing, this bill is only going to create a new industry. Yes it will slow poker down some, but it will not stop it.

If you think it will, then I suppose you also think hacks and file sharing have also been stopped [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2006, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since this is a real bank account, they do hit you with a $50 charge to set up the account

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never been charged an up-front fee to start a legitimate bank account.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im not worried abuot funding the acct or withdrawing, thats easy to find a way around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not concerned right now with whether they can get the fish to do this.
I want an option for ME.

I really don't know if it's easy to find a way around or not because I know nothing about such stuff.
If it's easy for you to do it then that's fine.
Since I've never done it before I am definitely looking for a little help here (or will be a few weeks/months down the road).

So if grummin and his group want to explore a legitimate bank that is interested in doing something like this then I am definitely interested.

Regarding the idea of 'what's the point if there are no fish?'
Yes, we all know that many people don't want to play the games if there aren't as many U.S. players on there.
There are plenty of places to discuss that.

But some of us want to discuss the money-transferring options that can be available for us who will still be playing.
Old 09-30-2006, 12:32 PM

MB,

Please work on tightening up your posts by combining sentences into paragraphs. Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]