Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Do you golf? Do you like your beverage cart girl?

haha Tuq; it's because I'm usually reading BBV4L but if I want a serious answer, I post in OOT. I think I've only posted in OOT twice, and what seriously happened is that I thought I was posting in OOT originally, read the responses, and realized it must've been BBV4L. I didn't even realize there was a golf forum - should I repost there?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:12 PM

Ok, so in response, I haven't started yet. I have another interview on Monday afternoon, so I really hope that I get the job.

I really don't play golf, so the tips on going against the grain and not coming up really quickly over hills and stuff is very helpful. I don't know what the policy is on payment, either - I'm not sure if it's just them signing on a slip afterwards, or if it's cash. I'm kind of hoping cash because I feel like a tip on every drink will add up more quickly then a tip on a total tab.

The course is in Rancho Sante Fe, which is the most expensive neighborhood in the COUNTRY, so hopefully they're not all gonna be stingy cause they just spent all their money on their houses.

I will keep you guys updated on whether or not I get the job : )
Old 09-07-2007, 03:15 PM

Rancho Sante Fe FTW
Old 09-07-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
haha Tuq; it's because I'm usually reading BBV4L but if I want a serious answer, I post in OOT. I think I've only posted in OOT twice, and what seriously happened is that I thought I was posting in OOT originally, read the responses, and realized it must've been BBV4L. I didn't even realize there was a golf forum - should I repost there?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.... you should posts pics of yourself in your required uniform as OOT requested before.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:19 PM

fluff,

You will get the job. As for making money, just give the guys a faint bit of hope that they have a chance at sleeping with you and you'll be rich.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:53 PM

fluff,

Don't worry about x-posting in Golf since most of those readers also read either this or BBV4L anyway. It would have been welcome there though...

A lot of high-end courses will take your CC and let you run a tab during the course of a round. Typically we just pay cash though. And you're right, I'm sure we tip more as cash payers than if we were just to sign at the end.

El D is also right, as usual. Flirting/tolerating their advances = $$$. I've heard of girls making upwards of $400/day at busy, nice courses.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:03 PM

The golf course I lived used to have these girls. I don't know why they don't anymore.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The course is in Rancho Sante Fe, which is the most expensive neighborhood in the COUNTRY, so hopefully they're not all gonna be stingy cause they just spent all their money on their houses.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI the course I mentioned earlier where waiters aren't tipped is one of the most exclusive in the country and home to many of the country's richest, most powerful men.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:14 PM

blackize,

I know of clubs where it's strictly forbidden for staff to take tips. Seems pretty weird but I assume they're comped well by the club.

BTW I don't mind a no-tipping policy, it gets rid of that tension about how much to tip, who to tip, etc. Most courses now these guys come out and wipe down my clubs when I'm done and I'm expected to give them $2+ for that? Plus they don't do a very thorough job at all. But if I tell them "no thanks" then I feel like a cheap bastard. Annoying.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI the course I mentioned earlier where waiters aren't tipped is one of the most exclusive in the country and home to many of the country's richest, most powerful men.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's probably the problem the richest guys got there by not giving money away. And the upper middle class especially the younger types mid 20's to 40's probably tip the best.

Fluffpop I think that Phil Mickelson lives there and yes it is the most espensive city though I'm not sure that's the greatest for tips as I think guys in the mid 20's to 40's probably tip best. Also clubs that have members + allow the public get more traffic, thus more tips. Cart girls basically only deal in cash so ummm uncle sam won't be getting much of your pay.