Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2007, 07:00 PM

Default 1st time at Majestic Star E. Chicago 2night what to do

Are there any general guidlines specifically like where to buy chips and for my first hand do i post bb like online. I will be playing 1/2nl and this will be my first time playing tonight. any advice apreciated.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: 1st time at Majestic Star E. Chicago 2night what to do

Call the poker room about 45 mins before you get there at 219-977-7444 and tell the floor you want to play 100 max no limit and give your first name and last initial. When you get there, go to Majestic Star II on your left after the security checkpoint and go up 2 flights.

Talk to the guy in front of the white board and tell him you called in. Then go buy chips in the cage at the back, I usually get $80 red, $20 white plus some green $25 chips to reload with. Then wait in the poker room and listen for your name. Floor will tell you what table # to go to, but ask him where the table is, the numbering is confusing.

Once you get there, you will have to post $2 unless you want to wait for the blind. Time is $6 every time the dealer changes and the dealer will make change if you need it. For more general B&M newbie advice, read this.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:02 PM

Talk about a hookup. NH iron.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:17 AM

Definetlly a nice read. To bad my ride decided to show up 2 minutes after i posted. Well anyways thanks. Def will call ahead next time. Luckily this time I took the last open seat. Didn't realize I needed to buy at the cage first so kinda made a fool of myself which probably helped my table image. Didn't really play to many hands. Only about 7-8 flops seen in about 2 1/2 hours of play. Ended up about $120. Live low limit is great :-)