Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
T. Brady vs IND 3 50.00%
D. Brees @ TB 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Cheating at AP, updated cliff notes

To answer somebody in the other thread, 2+2 does not advertise AP anyway so it's a non issue.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:06 PM

dugg
Old 10-17-2007, 02:11 PM

I like the email for handhistories idea, because in the NY Times blog he mentions that someone might be a hero at AP and is helping us out by sending the master hand histories. So if you have ever played with any of the suspected accounts, SEND THEM AN EMAIL. We might get lucky again.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the email for handhistories idea, because in the NY Times blog he mentions that someone might be a hero at AP and is helping us out by sending the master hand histories. So if you have ever played with any of the suspected accounts, SEND THEM AN EMAIL. We might get lucky again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've requested HH's from the 1K tournies I've played at AP and gotten no response. They might be locking down the info.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:16 PM

Reguarding people asking if so called "superuser" accounts (in the last thread) exist on other sites, the unfortunate fact is all that is required is access to the right database with the right read permissions. you do not even need to be logged into said site per se. This is why the fact that the site was currently under monthly audits is so sad.

My suggestion to the community is to get nate or one of the other detectives and/or a vocal and popular poker spokesman to get on friggen CNN (and talk to that NYT reporter) and talk about the story, while pointing out this is one incident done by a criminal who started and built that particular company, excuse me, alledgedly( sp?!). Speaking on good points of other card rooms. And hopefully mentioning the fact the best way to stop this is to legalize poker in the States.

You really must get a proponent of poker on tv before the people who add spin and drama to it for their own profit get to it. This story will blow, it will be huge, it will get there eventually no matter what. It will be used against online poker. That is a fact.

However right now we hold the advantage...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:22 PM

Here's a post by "jacktipper" from P5's. I'll preface it by saying that this user name just registered today:

Wow - how shady is this. Scott Tom isn't the CEO of AP, he's the CEO of the company that owns AP and UB. I for one know he's still involved with the company business of BOTH sites.

Keep in mind, the people that own this site are 20-somethings, who are rich, living in a country with no rules (Costa Rica)... I'm just surprised it's taken so long for someone to get caught.

So - how bad is it in AP's ***official*** release that they lie and try to coverup that Scott hasn't been a part of the company.

Wow...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a post by "jacktipper" from P5's. I'll preface it by saying that this user name just registered today:

Wow - how shady is this. Scott Tom isn't the CEO of AP, he's the CEO of the company that owns AP and UB. I for one know he's still involved with the company business of BOTH sites.

Keep in mind, the people that own this site are 20-somethings, who are rich, living in a country with no rules (Costa Rica)... I'm just surprised it's taken so long for someone to get caught.

So - how bad is it in AP's ***official*** release that they lie and try to coverup that Scott hasn't been a part of the company.

Wow...

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very good if it can be proved
Old 10-17-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A confidential source told me that the guy is no longer with the company.

But maybe someone else is willing to send this stuff out.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:36 PM

Just skimming through the comments on the Freakonomics blog. I was both depressed by and encouraged by the number of people who are not convinced that cheating occurred. They may never be convinced, since it takes some thought and good poker knowledge to see it. This is depressing as anything that keeps people from seeing the truth is depressing. It's encouraging because I would hate to see a public overreaction that all online poker is rigged.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:37 PM

54 diggs and counting...

http://www.digg.com/offbeat_news/Abs...lown_Wide_Open
Closed Thread