W. Dunn @ Cin 6 35.29%
S. Alexander(if he plays) @ KC 3 17.65%
T. Henry Vs. Hou 8 47.06%
M. Jones-Drew @ Phi 0 0%
F. Taylor @ Phi 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: ****Official 2007 NY Mets NL East Champs Thread****

Can someone tell me why, in a 9-4 game (now 12-4), Willie is burning the pen? Just put Humber or someone out there and have him finish the damn game.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone tell me why, in a 9-4 game (now 12-4), Willie is burning the pen? Just put Humber or someone out there and have him finish the damn game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Willie needs to find out what guys he can trust in the post-season. Duh! LOL. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 09:54 PM

Idk If using Collazo and Smith is 'burning' the pen. You really cant burn the pen in September. How about startign Brian Lawrence, otherwise known as burning wins
Old 09-17-2007, 10:01 PM

He had Collazo go 1/3, then brought in Smith, then brought in Smith, and had Feliciano warming up.

The [censored] score was 9-4. Leave Collazo in there.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:02 PM

WTF HAPPENED???!?!?!??!?? Last I see its 3-0 and the Nats look like [censored]. I go and watch the MNF game with the Iggle fans around here, and [censored] 12-4? [censored] this [censored].
Old 09-17-2007, 10:17 PM

Since it looks like we may be watching the greatest collapse since the '78 Red Sox, or the '64 Phils, I thought I would get my dartboard ready. Here's who will be on it.

1. Omar Minaya -- terrible off-season trades where he repeatedly gave away serviceable players -- players who the team could really have used -- for little but a few risks, all of which failed. Greatest failure is failing to improve the bullpen before Sept. 1 when it became readily apparent that it needed bolstering. Not sure who was out there but one has to believe there was someone -- anyone -- who could have helped.

2. Willie Randolph -- I don't worry about is in-game decisions. I don't think those hurt the team in any meaningful fashion. And I don't worry about his alleged failure to fire the team up. I have no idea what goes on behind closed doors. And I acknowledge that he can only play with the players the GM gives him. But his mismanagement of the bullpen -- particularly his inexplicable love affair with Guillermo Mota -- killed this team. How many times do we have to see Mota in a close game? And why were they so quick to do everything but exile Scott Schoenweiss earlier in the year, but stayed with Mota so long, at a much more important time of the season? Are they anti-semites?

3. Rick Peterson -- pitching coach wunderkind my ass. Fix the god damn bullpen. Teach them not to walk the [censored] leadoff hitter. You couldn't get ANY of this middle relief junk to show any improvement? How's your pet project, Victor Zambrano, doing? Oliver Perez? OK I will give you him but that's a close one because on some days, when he walks 17, he's, uh, not so good.

4. Guillermo Mota -- See above. Puke.

5. Paul Lo Duca -- added absolutely nothing this season except getting thrown out of games ... but critical failure is lack of leadership. He's supposed to be the leader. Down the stretch this team has needed a leader. He's given them nothing.

6. Joe Smith -- all of this is Joe Smith's fault. If he didn't have such a good spring, maybe they would have gotten an arm for the pen. So when he fell apart and they sent him down, there was a void left in the pen that ultimately was never filled. It looked like Sosa might do it, but it hasn't worked out that way. So Joe, thanks.

On the bubble: Aaron Heilman (gutless), Pedro Feliciano (thanks for not showing up in the 2nd half at all), Jose Reyes (keep popping 'em up), Duaner Sanchez (how's that 2 AM ride to the diner feel now).
Old 09-17-2007, 10:21 PM

Niss,

I love it.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:00 PM

Do you see what's going on in the Phillies' game?

What a terrible division.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:31 AM

i'm so happy i decided to go out and watch football instead of the mets game, looks like a totally [censored] performance again...
Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 AM

from metsblog today:

In a report for MLB.com, Marty Noble quotes an anonymous Mets player as saying…
“We play at the temperature of the manager. I know Willie cares a lot, but he’s not showing it much.”

Meanwhile, in a follow-up column for MLB.com, Noble talks with other anonymous Mets and, according to Noble, they all feel ‘a talk, a speech, a meeting or a tirade’ is necessary to snap the team from it’s current funk.

…from what i understand, lo duca had suggested to some people last night that he may or may not address the team before today’s game, with the help of a few other players…

An anonymous player, as quoted by Noble…

“Only two guys in here have the ear of almost everyone: Moises and Carlos Delgado. Maybe Paulie can help.”