Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 10:10 AM

Default PPA on Fox & Friends

Did anyone see Chris Ferguson and Barry Greenstein representing the PPA on Fox & Friends this morning? Personally, I was disappointed in Fox & Friends' attack on Chris and Barry. But I was more disenchanted with the debating abilities of Chris and Barry. They are intelligent individuals. However, when you can't answer an absurd question such as "Isn't it possible for a college student to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars playing online poker?" with a clear concise answer/retort, then maybe you need to look at how you are being represented in the national media. Barry had the right idea, but he just didn't portray his thoughts clearly.

I would ask that any public appearances made by PPA ambassadors or members be made with a lawyer or legal representative who is capable of debating these uninformed talk show hosts. I feel as though the PPA's image was hurt through the appearance. It was an excellent opportunity to prove our point on a national scale and it was lost because the PPA didn't have the correct people sitting on the forum. You have to take advantage of forums like these. Any thoughts?
Old 10-23-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: PPA on Fox & Friends

You can't win on Fox.

A lawyer or legal representative wouldn't have made a difference.

Jesus (not Ferguson) couldn't win an argument on Fox. They'd shout him down and call him unamerican.

THAT SAID, there isn't any news channel left not sensationalized, to my knowledge.

CNN has Lou "Free Markets are Killing Us and Making Us Chinese Slaves" Dobbs, MSNBC has Keith "How Dare You Mr. President" Olbermann, and Fox has Bill "Liberals are Terrorists" O'Reilly

Then you have the Rita Cosbys and Nancy Graces..
Old 10-23-2007, 10:35 AM

"Isn't it possible for a college student to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars playing online poker?"

What a softball question. I didn't see the interview, but I'd much rather the airhead hosts ask that than a question about Absolute Poker and how online poker is rigged with a cut to the youtube cheating video.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:24 AM

"Isn't it possible for a college student to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars playing online poker?"

Absolutely, that's why we need regulation. Prohibition doesn't stop anything except help getting to those who really need it. With regulation resources can be gatthered and used to help the troubled gambler. Without regulation , as now exists, all the extra money goes to house. This is the foolishness of prohibition.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:55 AM

Anyone have a link?

I'm not sure that one would ever want to use the word "regulation" on a Fox news program, if it can be avoided. Save it for NPR.

I'm not sure what the right answer is on Fox, perhaps "it's not the governments job to be their nanny". I think conservatives like the word nanny.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:56 AM

Many things are capable of being misused. We don't ban them all.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have a link?

I'm not sure that one would ever want to use the word "regulation" on a Fox news program, if it can be avoided. Save it for NPR.

I'm not sure what the right answer is on Fox, perhaps "it's not the governments job to be their nanny". I think conservatives like the word nanny.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the correct answer. Republicans used to believe in individual freedom and personal responsibility. But the Republican Party has been taken over by these FOF types who do not believe in these principles or limited government. They have destroyed what was the only decent political party in US.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:06 PM

"A stupid college student can lose hundreds of thousands of dollars on stocktrading, fancy cars, expensive vacations, vegas, sportsbetting, silly business ventures, exotic jewelry and hundreds of other things. Whats your point?"

Skallagrim
Old 10-23-2007, 12:08 PM

Maybe I'm just being too naive but how is it possible to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars at online poker if you didn't have that money to begin with?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm just being too naive but how is it possible to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars at online poker if you didn't have that money to begin with?

[/ QUOTE ]

TBH that's just my ramen noodle money. i spend a lot on food.