Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: ***Official July Fantasy Baseball Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
assuming it works for team need, would anyone trade Lincecum for Braun? both could be kept next year at the same price.

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably depends on your scoring system and number of utility players started. In my league, it's a pretty clear win for Lincecum, even with the added injury risk. In the normal Sportsline 5x5, it's pretty clear in favor of Braun.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OBP, SLG, HR, R, SB x K, WHIP, ERA, W, SV

offered Derrek Lee for Todd Jones

Current closers:

Wagner
Cordero (the good one)
Accardo
Jones

Current 1B options:
Pena
Berkman (mainly played in an OF position though)

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone think i should take this? possibly drop schilling for myers who si cocming back soon?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take it. If you're going to pick up a closer, drop Accardo before you drop Schilling. Actually, just don't drop Schilling.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Need help on a trade.

A lot of the decision on this trade comes from keepers. You may keep 2 players in the top 4 rounds, 2 from the rest of the draft, and 1 rookie.

8X6, R 2B 3B HR RBI K SB AVG, W CG K SV ERA WHIP

C- Mauer (3rd rd)
1b- Pujols (1)
2b- Kendrick (7)
3b- Braun (pickup)
SS- C. Guillen (8)
OF- Holliday (2)
OF- Wells (4)
UT- Granderson (pickup)
UT- Bill Hall/Crisp

Pitchers don't matter in this trade, because I'm not considering keeping anyone besides Lincecum. Keep him in mind...

Right now, I'd keep Pujols and Holliday from the top two rounds. Braun as the rookie keeper, then two others.

The trade is Holliday/Braun for A-Rod.

I'd lose Braun as the rookie keeper, but would now keep Lincecum. I'd have the top two picks in the draft as keepers, which is pretty amazing.

1) Does this help me THIS YEAR?
2) Does this help me in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep Pujols and Mauer from the first two rounds. Can you keep Lincecum and Braun instead of somebody from rounds 5+? Guillen is nice, but that's the keeper area I'd be looking to improve the most.

1) Unless you've got quite a stud to replace Holiday, this deal does not help you this year.
2) I'd still keep Mauer ahead of A-Rod, so you're not really changing your future much. Bah! I just noticed two utility spots. That probably moves A-Rod ahead of Mauer.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:21 AM

Just lost Utley for a while :x need a 2Bman, guy in dire need of pitching (which i'm stacked with) has Brian Roberts and Ty Wigginton. (2B eligible) Who should I go after? Weekly H2H points league, 1B-1, 2B-2, 3B-3, HR-4, RBI-1, R-1, SB-1 (they stack)
Old 07-27-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just lost Utley for a while :x need a 2Bman, guy in dire need of pitching (which i'm stacked with) has Brian Roberts and Ty Wigginton. (2B eligible) Who should I go after? Weekly H2H points league, 1B-1, 2B-2, 3B-3, HR-4, RBI-1, R-1, SB-1 (they stack)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a tough one. The problem I have with Wigginton is he might get traded into a bench role. The problem with Roberts is, he's never made it through a season without spending time on the DL. I'd say in your situation you want to go with the better bet to play every day, and that's Roberts. For your sake, hopefully Utley will only be out 4 weeks and will be back in plenty of time for the fantasy playoffs.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:37 AM

I'm in the same boat in three leagues (man love bites back, thankfully I don't need to make any trades to cover though). Roberts is definitly preferred however asking for Roberts and "settling" for Wigginton is probably going to get you a better deal. btw, who's available in FA? If someone like Durham is available I wouldn't be afraid to take a chance on him.

EDIT: Forgot about the trade rumors with Wigginton; the risk of trading for a bench player is too great with Wigginton.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Need help on a trade.

A lot of the decision on this trade comes from keepers. You may keep 2 players in the top 4 rounds, 2 from the rest of the draft, and 1 rookie.

8X6, R 2B 3B HR RBI K SB AVG, W CG K SV ERA WHIP

C- Mauer (3rd rd)
1b- Pujols (1)
2b- Kendrick (7)
3b- Braun (pickup)
SS- C. Guillen (8)
OF- Holliday (2)
OF- Wells (4)
UT- Granderson (pickup)
UT- Bill Hall/Crisp

Pitchers don't matter in this trade, because I'm not considering keeping anyone besides Lincecum. Keep him in mind...

Right now, I'd keep Pujols and Holliday from the top two rounds. Braun as the rookie keeper, then two others.

The trade is Holliday/Braun for A-Rod.

I'd lose Braun as the rookie keeper, but would now keep Lincecum. I'd have the top two picks in the draft as keepers, which is pretty amazing.

1) Does this help me THIS YEAR?
2) Does this help me in the future?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep Pujols and Mauer from the first two rounds. Can you keep Lincecum and Braun instead of somebody from rounds 5+? Guillen is nice, but that's the keeper area I'd be looking to improve the most.

1) Unless you've got quite a stud to replace Holiday, this deal does not help you this year.
2) I'd still keep Mauer ahead of A-Rod, so you're not really changing your future much. Bah! I just noticed two utility spots. That probably moves A-Rod ahead of Mauer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, what?! There's no way you should keep Mauer ahead of ARod. Even if Mauer's fantasy VORP is greater than ARod's (which I don't think it is), OP should still keep ARod because there's no doubt he could trade him for Mauer + another stud next year, because ~100% of people value ARod > Mauer in fantasy.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:52 AM

You'd keep Mauer over A-Rod? Definitely don't agree with that.

It seems the consensus (although only a few responses) is that Holliday/Braun for A-Rod is not worth doing. I was considering it because while many team's top two keepers are something like Crawford and Peavy, having A-Rod and Pujols, the 1st and 2nd picks in this years draft, would be a major advantage.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:54 AM

Basically with fill ins, I'll be making the following trades.

This year: Holliday and Braun for A-Rod and Bill Hall/Coco Crisp/Chris Young (ari)

Future: Holliday and Braun for A-Rod and Granderson

Either worth doing?
Old 07-27-2007, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically with fill ins, I'll be making the following trades.

This year: Holliday and Braun for A-Rod and Bill Hall/Coco Crisp/Chris Young (ari)

Future: Holliday and Braun for A-Rod and Granderson

Either worth doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Young filling in for Holiday makes this a lot closer than I first thought. I figured you'd be going to some nag in at OF/U. Chris Young has been running ice cold. If he were hitting .275 like he should be, he'd be a quality #2 outfielder. Where will you be able to protect him next year?

I definitely like Lincecum better than Granderson in a normal 5x5 league.

A-Rod and Lincecum/Granderson are better than Holiday and Braun.

[ QUOTE ]
You'd keep Mauer over A-Rod? Definitely don't agree with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The real problem I have with A-Rod is, not only will he not be the correct choice at #2 overall next year, he won't even be the correct choice to be the first 3B off the board. In my league, Mauer had a solid $8 advantage coming into this year. For all the studliness A-Rod is providing this year, he's not actually playing THAT much better than throughout his Yankee career. I'd guess when the projections come out, Mauer will still be on top, although it will be much closer in a league with two utility players. I'd just protect Mauer because even if he's slightly behind next year, he'll definitely be the better bet going forward. Even if A-Rod is rated higher, the dropoff to Mauer is not worth paying something big for. On the other hand, if it's impossible to keep both Braun and Lincecum, dropping to Lincecum isn't such a bad thing either. Braun is a legit .300/30HR type, but Lincecum is a legit fantasy ace. Both are highly valuble commodities.