Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: TPTK OOP bad board

You are obviously betting for value. I just think it folds out a lot of stuff you don't mind calling. Like 33/44/45. Stuff that you don't mind peeling the flop. Some really weak tight guys might even fold a weak ace to you here since you are telegraphing that you want to get it all in by the river. (ok, the last one is a stretch)

Also, are your c-bets on dry A-high flops potbets? I pretty much never pot the flop as a bluff or with a monster, unless the flop is sick ugly or I am playing against retards.

Not a huge issue. I just bet 7-8'ish on this flop with my whole range.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: TPTK OOP bad board

I rarely pot the flop. I vary the size of my cbets based on board texture, my position, and my opponents' habits. This goes for both cbets for value and cbets for fe.

In this case I potted the flop because I had bad relative position in a multiway pot, the board was somewhat coordinated, and if someone had a worse Ace I was sure they would call.

You bring up an interesting point,

[ QUOTE ]
33/44/45. Stuff that you don't mind peeling the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you mean, but I kind of see it from a different perspective. Because I'd be OOP if they call, I kind of do mind if they peel the flop. What I mean is I don't hate the fact that they called because they (maybe) made a mistake in doing so. so thats +Sklansky for me. But I kind of do mind them calling because I'm OOP and I don't really know which cards are scare cards.

Case in point, the 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] fell on the turn. Is that a good card for me or a bad card for me? (Actually the 4 can never be a good card for me, but it might be neutral) Sure I've got a good hand in an absolute sense, but depending on what kinds of ranges a coldcaller has when I pot the flop, is TPTK trash on the turn?

Is that mubs? Remember, I dont really know these guys.