Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 03:19 PM

Default Re: I have lost money with kk this month, look at a [censored] of hand

hand 1:

I would be more afraid of a set of JJs or QQs than Aces, would probably lay it down unless I had a sick read on the villain that he would do this with a flush draw or even AQ

Hand2:

hmmm why an AI, a pot sized bet would have worked fine. I would have still lost alot on this one though

hand3:

tough spot out of position. knowing what stats the villan had would be good, AF of under 3 and I am probably folding.

hand4:

not much you could have done, unless the villan was like 14/3/1.5

hand5:

same as hand 4

hand 6:

this one I probably go broke everytime too

hand 7:

tough to fold when the guy is a short stack, but still the villans stats is very important

hand8:

well this one could have been folded because you were showing nothing but strength pre and post flop and the guy just didnt care, so unless his stats suggested he was a total donk you could have saved some money here

hand 9:

could have maybe called the turn and c/c the river! these little mini bets usually mean some sort of a hand especially when you raised him the first time and he does the same again on the turn hoping for the same action

gl
Old 04-13-2007, 03:25 PM

POKERSTARS GAME #9258920269: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/04/05 - 01:09:38 (ET)
Table 'Felicitas V' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: MassImp ($50.90 in chips)
Seat 2: mystic1983 ($100 in chips)
Seat 3: supreme20 ($100 in chips)
Seat 4: jetdryver ($15.70 in chips)
Seat 5: Bohlicious ($94.50 in chips)
Seat 6: Nocturnick ($157.25 in chips)
Seat 7: NRLGolf15 ($203.05 in chips)
Seat 8: Mooshta ($186 in chips)
Seat 9: TG_Six ($152.60 in chips)
Mooshta: posts small blind $0.50
TG_Six: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to supreme20 [Ks Kh]
MassImp: raises $1 to $2
mystic1983: folds
supreme20: raises $5 to $7
jetdryver: folds
Bohlicious: folds
Nocturnick: raises $13 to $20
NRLGolf15: folds
Mooshta: folds
TG_Six: folds
MassImp: raises $13 to $33
supreme20: raises $16 to $49
Nocturnick: raises $108.25 to $157.25 and is all-in
MassImp said, "tilt"
MassImp: calls $17.90 and is all-in
supreme20: calls $51 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [8h 2c 2h]
*** TURN *** [8h 2c 2h] [3s]
*** RIVER *** [8h 2c 2h 3s] [9c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
supreme20: shows [Ks Kh] (two pair, Kings and Deuces)
Nocturnick: shows [As Ac] (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
Nocturnick collected $98.20 from side pot
MassImp: shows [Ah Ad] (two pair, Aces and Deuces)
MassImp collected $75.60 from main pot
Nocturnick collected $75.60 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $252.40 Main pot $151.20. Side pot $98.20. | Rake $3
Board [8h 2c 2h 3s 9c]
Seat 1: MassImp showed [Ah Ad] and won ($75.60) with two pair, Aces and Deuces
Seat 2: mystic1983 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: supreme20 showed [Ks Kh] and lost with two pair, Kings and Deuces
Seat 4: jetdryver folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Bohlicious folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Nocturnick showed [As Ac] and won ($173.80) with two pair, Aces and Deuces
Seat 7: NRLGolf15 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: Mooshta (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: TG_Six (big blind) folded before Flop

come on, 7-bets!!!! I have no idea how you can fold this, but I definately would not have opened the betting twice here. If you were going to reopen the betting twice, you should have just pushed anyways.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

MassImp: raises $1 to $2
MassImp: raises $13 to $33

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a huge tell, btw. He has AA 100% here.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:33 PM

keep it coming, this is helping me.........im.......retarded, [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2007, 03:37 PM

Ill try responding to all of these hands DLM, feel free to respond and tell me if you think differently as i am trying to find a optimal way of playing big pairs too.

Hand 1: U re raise and he calls....i dont know how images are here but with his flat call i put him on a tight range of PPs looking to hit sets but primary hands i would think JJ and QQ are good possibilities, along with AKSpades......a smooth called AA is also a hand i would put in villians range....unless you have a manaic image, when he pushes here i think its a easy fold

Hand # 2: ....RNGmyass is tight from what i know of him. By your just flat pushing on the flop i think the only hands are calling u are JJJ AA and possibly QQ. I dont think RNG will look u up often enough with a lower PP putting you on AK nor do i think its worht putting your whole stack in to win the pot right there.....pretty safe flop in a reraised pot as there are no flush draws, pretty safe to say with RNGs range calling he doesnt have any straight draws. If you bet out 3/4 pot and he calls or raises id assume with his range aa qq and jj are the hands i would put him on as i dont see him ever get out of line often without a big hand.

Hand #3: I dont know budgtree at all, but your turn bet seems to be more of a blocking bet...would he make this play with KJ, AJ,QJ, QQ? He didnt re raise pre flop so if you know he would reraise pre with QQ+ then that hand is out of the ? Unless you think he is making a play on you on the turn there is not much you beat that can put there whole stack in on the turn. Especially when you call his turn raise its safe to put you on a big hand. He turns a boat and just pushes hoping you have a OP to pay him off.

Hand # 4: KK vs AA sucks and your gonna go broke. I have ? if it is ever acceptable to fold pre flop and everyone always says not possible. This hand though when a half buy in stack raises 2 BB i usually tax em a little more than the normal 3x re raise, in pos, 4x oop. Again this situation sucks and i know nocturnik is a tight player and has a small range pre flop to be making this type of play but i dont see how your not going broke here. Could maybe fold to nocturniks final all in, basically telling you he has AA. The short stack im not worried about at all.

Hand # 5:
Never played with hijjy but again poker stars just doing its thing with AA vs KK. I think Cloutier mentioned that the 4 bet almost always means AA. But i think going broke again here is just gonna happen unless you spike a K.

Hand # 6.
Id prob play it the same way and end up broke.

Hand # 7:
The min raise on the flop by villian i look at depending on the player and what hands theyll min raise with. I dont know the value in betting the turn with 4 to the straight out there, your turning your hand more into a bluff...when sandhill pushes your beating nothing except a pure bluff, so i think after you do bet and he pushes its a easy fold.

Hand # 8
Pretty safe flop and id go broke here too, especially with only a little more than half a buy in. I just starting noticing aglar at tables but this call by him pre flop is awful.

Hand # 9
Id play it the same way except possibly folding his river push. I hate the donk bet lead that the villian is doing just such a nag. When he called the 2nd raise though warning bells would be going off. Usually when they make the donk bet lead on flop + turn and then push on the river it is a big hand.

Again if you disagree at all just write back, im doing this to show another point of view and hopefully learn new ways to play it that i might be missing out on.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:47 PM

Hand two, are you trying to represent tilty AK? Might get a call from QQ/AJ, JJ/AA insta-call, though I suppose AA could put you on a set and fold...

The hand vs the two AA, I feel I would be getting away from that reraise-athon, but I'm a nit. Anyway, technically you're ahead there, because you have two outs and they have none.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:53 PM

Hand 2: Why the overbet on the flop? I probably go bust here, but you might want to get more value when you are ahead.

Hand 3: I would check/call the turn.

Hand 5: Villain is using standard donk plays for AA. Maybe you can fold to the push. Also, maybe flat call the miniraise and check/call all the way.

Hand 7: You have to check the turn. I think you may be able to fold this, but atleast check/call, which is better than leading out.

Hand 9: The raise on the turn when the ace hits is bad. Just flat call the minbet. Plan on calling a small bet on the river.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:55 PM

well basically, hand two i was playing against ring and i was throwing down with him a bit on some other tables, cause hes such a nit, and i believed that he would call iwth 99 tt expecting me never to play aa kk that way. it was not a standard play.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:28 PM

OP. I play with you very often I you solid but something I would like to share with you is your flop play. when they raise your c-bet flop. 3bet and ready to fold to all-in ...
your 3bet and they all-in show that MONSTER and getout of your over pair.

P/S: Please get out of my way when we in the game together [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2007, 07:39 PM

New Hand converter from SSNL 2p2er Tickner
does multiple hands

he's an AIM buddy of mine so show him the love