Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2007, 06:27 AM

Default Re: NL2K, shoving K high w/o FE

Jeez boys, relax.

If he has a draw here, which I personally think he has a pretty high percentage of the times, what is the distribution of A high FDs and combi-draws like JTh, 67h etc?

Maybe I overthought it, and figured that my effective potodds would be allright for his share of combidraws. But putting in stuff like "I wish I could play on Party" is just an arrogant joke, and proves in my point of view more ignorange towards the applicable mindset i this hand.

- AB
Old 05-19-2007, 03:59 PM

bad
Old 05-19-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jeez boys, relax.

If he has a draw here, which I personally think he has a pretty high percentage of the times, what is the distribution of A high FDs and combi-draws like JTh, 67h etc?

Maybe I overthought it, and figured that my effective potodds would be allright for his share of combidraws. But putting in stuff like "I wish I could play on Party" is just an arrogant joke, and proves in my point of view more ignorange towards the applicable mindset i this hand.

- AB

[/ QUOTE ]

I can vouch for OP that he is a solid player and the games although still decent are way, way harder than when any of you guys played there.

This hand is very bad though and no reason to go to 3rd or 4th level thinking here.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:23 PM

puke. spew.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jeez boys, relax.

- AB

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to be 'arrogant', but i did read your hand and gave it a chance and really, i cant find any good argument to justify your play. i assume that it worked since you posted it and are defending it and whatnot, but... meh. every play works sometimes
Old 05-19-2007, 09:47 PM

wtf, yuck
Old 05-20-2007, 12:46 AM

I think it is a great play against certain players. He has to have exactly an 8 here to call, and if not you get half his stack. If he has a draw and calls, you probably have the best hand.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:08 PM

Oh, I kinda forgot about this one. Maybe I just realised that if this could ever be a good move, it would be very very marginal, and in most cases, just creating a looot of variance.

The problem w/ the hand was, from my point of view, that I felt very strongly that he was on some kind of draw at best - and maybe just rags, and figured that K high would do pretty well against that range. Unfortunately, I didn't weigh the huge impact of me almost drawing dead against A high flushdraws to a large enough degree (and on the same time, forgetting to realise that combodraws have up to 21 outs against me).

Anyways, the result was that he insta-called w/ A high flushdraw, and I missed river ofc. Thx for the replys.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:22 PM

Villain is a straightforward TAG who just c/r you on the turn.... umm I think fold.
Old 06-11-2007, 02:55 PM

If it means anything:

I've seen Brian Townsend take the same c/c, c/r line on a paired board as a (semi?) bluff.

It was on television, so it must be standard.