Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: 10/20: QQ i rr pot, cr on K high

Jesus everyone, preflop is fine. I call here like 50% of the time lol.

The flop play is fine too, just realize that you are calling a shove and shoving any turn if he calls the flop. You should also probably check-call down sometimes too but that can get hairy because given the opponent you pretty much have to call on every turn and river.

Also, if you play with this guy a lot, make a serious effort to get position on him. I have an opponent like this on Stars (Straate) who just [censored] lords over me like there's no tomorrow if I'm in or out of position on him, but being in position alleviates a lot of the pressure.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:47 PM

I love it - if you think about it, you totally outplay villian if you call his push here.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:13 PM

is this on party... if so whos villain?

i pretty much never take this line... i mean if this is for value villain has to be [censored] insane...

if its not for value, its dumb.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Results and thoughts

Ok, this hand was a bit special, as villain and hero are reversed. I'm the one 3betting PF from the button, and Sasuke (who posted the obv answer in this thread) is UTG w/ QQ.

As the hand went out, I chose to push 64 (no spades),and Sasuke almost timed out before calling, which was the biggest mistake, he made in the hand. The check-raise was however interesting, as this flop is quite unappealing for any loose 3bettor. Check-raising w/ QQ (and obv. calling an all-in) was a funny variant of representing draws and air with a marginal, yet quite strong hand w/ lots of showdown value, in order to get full value from the part of villians range that is quite marginal, but beats draws and air.

Maybe it's just less fun and interesting than I initially thought. In this case, I certainly outplayed him, as he boxed untill 1 sec before timing out when making the call. Then it just became "arh crap, I got potodds, maybe, and besides that I'm stuck.... call!" - kind of thing ;-)

- AB
Old 04-16-2007, 07:40 PM

Anyone think that last post is kinda.. too much?

I'd say sth like 'oh well must have been at least an OK play on my part because he did almost time out. congrats on the good read' and leave it at that.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone think that last post is kinda.. too much?

I'd say sth like 'oh well must have been at least an OK play on my part because he did almost time out. congrats on the good read' and leave it at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was ironic. Obviously, he got into my head (and more importantly, he got into my head evaluating HIS head) and acted accordingly. Maybe the phrase doesn't do well in written, but it was supposed to be some kind of sarcasme.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:44 PM

yeah you outplayed him alright