Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Re: Another stupid ethics question

[ QUOTE ]
I never said it was the "only" thing. I said it was the "major" thing, and even alluded as much in my initial response.

Really, you should try reading it. It's pretty all-encompassing.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i read it again and it only made me realize that you suck more than i thought you sucked when i read it the first time.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:37 AM

This stuff is gold, you guys. I never thought high stake card players could come up with this kind of entertainment.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:10 AM

lololol I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this thread and I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] daliman
Old 01-18-2007, 08:34 AM

To quote Naked Gun, "Even the scoreboard operator says there are 3 outs!"

As I discussed with Dali on the phone.

Yes I understand Dali is all about the principle of the $60.

Yes, he is not obligated to giving you back the $60. (Should he? If he is a good friend of yours then sure, that would be a nice thing to do.)

I think you have overvalued his friendship. He clearly stated that he did not want to flip and he clearly said he wasn't going to give your blind back. (Would I or someone else you know very well give it back? Sure. But his chat clearly states you're posting at your own risk regarding the 2nd hand.)

It is up to you to not auto-post in these situations. I flip more than anyone (or did). A few things about it: On Stars I never sat at Fast tables while flipping due to autoposting after a flip or if someone else showed up. But I always had autopost unchecked until agreement was made. I think you need to do that going forward with others.

This thread is out of control. Simply, to summarize : Dali should not have posted both times. If CTS is a close friend of Dali's he should give him his $60 back, if not, then no. Even if he is a close friend he is not obligated to based on the chat and I don't think it would cross moral boundries either. Just let it go Dali and move on.

-Jared
Old 01-18-2007, 09:11 AM

Id just like to say that I was right when I said this would be a great thread once Dali started posting.

Id like to tell a story of something very similar that happened with me and Durrr recently and how normal friends deal with this kind of thing.

I was aiming him about something random but he wasnt responding. I also saw he was sitting alone but not sitting out on a million stars tables so I was concerned someone was going to come along and steal his blind monies so I sent him a message to the effect of Im going to steal it and give it back. As it turned out he came back in time and shoved on my min raise before seeing any of the aim chat.

He then saw the aim chat and offered me my 100 bucks back because he is a classy dude and I turned it down because I wouldve called if I had aces (and other hands of course) since I realised it was essentially a live hand since he clearly hadnt seen the chat. I think something similar shouldve happened here.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:27 AM

He looks like he's sleeping, but you can't sneak up on Durrr...
Old 01-18-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have posted a few times in her threads being nice, but she continues to grind her axe, so F her.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok LOL.

I was going to avoid all of your foolishness, but this is just one asinine comment too many.

You have never posted in my threads being nice, and I never had a personal problem with you until YOU started the attacks. By circumstance, I may have posted negative things in maybe two-three threads of yours (i honestly don't remember how this started, I can only imagie this to be the case) because they were retarded. You, being the sissy emotional 12 yr old, took this as a personal attack and have now started waging personal attacks against me everywhere, including but not limited to saying I look like a man, calling me ugly, and MAKING A THREAD FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF CALLING OUT MY QUESTIONABLE PLAY ON TV.

I don't really give a sh.t what you think of me; as a matter of fact I take it as a compliment that you have chosen to dislike me. But you, sir, started this personal war we apparently have, and you are the one feeding the fire. That's all I'm going to say on this one.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:14 AM

Awesome [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] !!! Life sucks and poker sucks, but given first class hilariosities as this I can't help being happy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] . I LOL:ed out loud several times.

In all seriousness though, there really is nothing that says CTS should give you money back Dali, friend or not. I think your demanding him to repay you is what "shows how much your friendship is worth" rather than him not paying you.

Yes, it was rather unkind of him to post this and name you. Then again, after you left him a voicemail demanding your blind back the hilariosity of it all actually demanded that it had to be posted.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:30 AM

man this thread is pure comedy gold

HE LEFT A VOICEMAIL
Old 01-18-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Actually, I guess much of this whole deal stems from the fact that I am arguing ethics, morals, social values, etc, with a bunch of people whose average age is about 22.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pulling the age trump card? Your being old just means you've spent a lot of time on this earth being a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU!!! Someone on this [censored] forum finally spelled moron correctly.

PEOPLE - MORAN is a city in Kansas. MORON is what you are if you have a hard time spelling 5 letter words.