Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Re: ALL MY ACCOUNTS WERE HACKED INTO

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

im starting to think holdumgod is working together with this guy from new york state.

he recently busted a 50k roll online. making me extremely suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's currently 4 tabling .5/1 NL on stars so I guess he's not a high roller anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

'HoldUmGod''s account has been "compromised" before, and linked to scams. If this account is involved in this scam again, it implies either HoldUmGod or Stars has been slacking with monitoring the account.

Source of Information, blog is in dutch, but all relevant information is in the English email by pokerstars in the post from June 06, 2006. In short: HoldUmGod's account was allegedly hacked by Steven Naftaly, he traded $ with Polarski (polarski received on Stars and sent through neteller). Stars froze polarski's account and took back the money from the transfer. After investigation Pokerstars refunded Polarski the money, since they were convinced he acted in good faith.

Marnix
Old 01-08-2007, 07:28 PM

So Full Tilt writes back this :

Hello Jared,

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker customer support with your
request to have your account closed. We sincerely apologize for the
delay in processing your request. We are currently experiencing a high
email volume and as such are doing our utmost to assist all of our
players as quickly as possible.

This message is to confirm that your account has been closed and your
e-mail address has been unsubscribed from our newsletters.

If at any time you would like to have your account reopened, please
email us with your request and we will happily do so at that time.

Thank you for your patronage Jared, and we wish you the best of luck in
your future endeavors.

Regards,

Mandi G
Full Tilt Poker Support

That's great that they closed my account, BUT are you kidding me? Do you care that I've been scammed for $26k on your site? How the hell do you handle a situation like this? This is so disgusting! They don't even comment on the fact that I've been scammed, just a friendly email that my account has been closed and thanks for your patronage. I ask any and all of you for your help. I need to get a hold of someone at Full Tilt. Also, 5x this afternoon I have tried to call Neteller and no one is answering the phones. This is the worst week I've ever had. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-Jared
Old 01-08-2007, 07:59 PM

Neteller told me their investigations team is looking into this and will get back to me within 24-48 hours. I told them how time sensitive this is. It obviously isn't going to affect how fast they proceed.

The more each minute passes the worse I feel about this. My outlook is bleak as it is, and my mindset is even worse.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:14 PM

I was a victim of fraud on the 1st - 4th of january. i noticed luckily on the 4th and immediatly contacted moneybooker and netteller and my bank. they took money off card and depos into pp then cash out into neteler etc.... and i have now been refunded fully so there is a good chance you will get it back but you just gotta let them do there stuff and not worry about it too much.
Best of luck with it anyway!
( mine was 8000$)
Old 01-08-2007, 08:30 PM

I'd be curious as to that HH EXE file. If its a virus, it will have to be sending the tracked information to an outside IP address. If someone were willing to run it on a computer (one that was clean, with nothing valuable on it), they could use IPdump or whatever to see where it is sending it. If you are lucky, maybe its a static IP address so you can track the bastard and cut his balls off.

If its a trojan horse... eeee... you are prolly [censored]. Guy prolly would have deleted the log files on your computer when he hacked in.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:38 PM

Skipolo; I hope you get Your money back, Good Luck.
For everyone elses education, what security measures did you have on your Computer?
I am shocked that such large Amounts can be Transferred between Players. It seems the sites would have some liability concerns. I know they are High Limit players but the rake is still $3. Maybe a small limit with only 2 or 3 a day should be allowed.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:42 PM

Kyle; Great post I read it originally and took some measures but I am going to review it again and act further, this is a scary post.
I have Mcafee Security Center which I like, what do you think of it? Also just added Windows Defender, again opinion?
Old 01-08-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have Mcafee Security Center which I like, what do you think of it? Also just added Windows Defender, again opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly if you are a HS player with the money that comes along with that, you should not be looking at consumer grade software products to protect yourself. You should be looking to hire security/networking professionals/companies to build you a commercial grade network that is secure.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:08 AM

What's funny is out of all things they could of replied back to you with about this situation, they decided to tell you that you're now unsubscribed from their newsletters. What an awesome site to have alot of money on.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly if you are a HS player with the money that comes along with that, you should not be looking at consumer grade software products to protect yourself. You should be looking to hire security/networking professionals/companies to build you a commercial grade network that is secure.

[/ QUOTE ]

... or you could just not download and run exe-files given to you by strangers that know you use your computer for playing high stakes poker...