Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 12:36 AM

Default 10/20, Big draw, deep

Villain (UTG) is really one of the biggest fish, I've played against. He calls ALOT, takes really bad potodds, doesn't demand payment when he finally hits, underbets the pot on drawheavy boards with sets etc. etc. He is NOT the type folding any overpair, which has lead him to stack me a lot of times. He follows the description of a true NL100 donk - just playing 20 times higher or so.

He has 5K, I cover. BB doesn't fold preflop in an hour (!!), but rarely goes to showdown either. Unimportant in this hand, tho.

Villain makes it 100 UTG (Ok, he has something NICE, I assume), I call with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and BB call.

Pot: 300. Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Okay, whaaaat a flop. BB checks, he bets 160 and at this point I'm pretty certain he has something, likely something big, but could also be some missed AK/AQ. I raise to 400, BB folds, and he quickly calls.

Turn is the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and he checks. Then the question.. Given the stacks, and his pokertalents, would it be a good idea to bet this turn? What if the turn was a 9-J non- [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]? I feel that if the board paired, I would have a pretty easy check on turn, but if somebody thinks otherwise, feel free to explain me..

- AB

Edit: Corrected the flop raise. For some reason, I only raised to 400.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:42 AM

Default Re: 10/20, Big draw, deep

I would check. He'll pay you off when you hit and he won't fold if you bet the turn. You said it yourself.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check. He'll pay you off when you hit and he won't fold if you bet the turn. You said it yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember the fact, that he prolly won't fold, if I hit the river (and shove) either.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:55 AM

if hes not folding ever hope to hit your draw
Old 12-29-2006, 01:06 AM

how often is he check raising? i think this is important. if he NEVER check raises, and folds this turn like 20% of the time, and when he calls turn he pays off river when you hit, etc, its an easy bet. if he isnt paying off many rivers when hes beat, and check raises a decent % of the time, its foolish to bet. in general though i click the check check button and hit the nuts on the river. holla
Old 12-29-2006, 03:38 AM

He check-raises sets (esp. KKK) and not any other hands. Maybe I should have stated that, since that is kind of the whole point of this hand.