Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2006, 01:35 PM

Default Re: How I started making $5k/month

Are the sites registered under your own name, or do you have an LLC or something set up?
Old 10-17-2006, 01:47 PM

Also, have you looked into any alternatives to Google's adsense, such as adbrite or casalemedia or yahoo's publisher network or something? Does google pay the best or are they the easiest to use?

I have a couple of ideas for sites that I plan to start writing soon. I know how to code sites, but unfortunately do not know anything about how to get them up and running and all that jazz (everything I have done has been for internal networks). Do you know of any good sites or books to help someone get started?
Old 10-17-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, have you looked into any alternatives to Google's adsense, such as adbrite or casalemedia or yahoo's publisher network or something? Does google pay the best or are they the easiest to use?

I have a couple of ideas for sites that I plan to start writing soon. I know how to code sites, but unfortunately do not know anything about how to get them up and running and all that jazz (everything I have done has been for internal networks). Do you know of any good sites or books to help someone get started?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had the most success with google. I've talked to people making good money with adbrite but I never managed to make much using it.

I created all my sites and did not know any HTML or how to create a website. Many marketers don't know HTML. It does help if you know it but it is not necessary.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Adsense's targeting is one of it's best features.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:08 PM

Just like any other business it does take work. Most people are not willing or aren't motivated enough to do what it takes.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Click fraud is awesome until you get caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only idiots do this.
Only bigger idiots get caught.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:21 AM

lol html
Old 10-21-2006, 03:12 PM

how does adsense payout? Is it a constant rate per click or do differant variables effect the payout?
Old 10-23-2006, 03:13 PM

I've been somewhat interested in internet marketing since the mid to late 90's when I started an angelfire page with a banner and clicked it repeatedly. I never really went much further than that.

I've exchanged a few pm's with nato and we begun talking through messenger. He gave me a ton of information and basically a road map to start out with. I think getting something to focus on in an area so broad is going to be a big deal.

If you're at all interested in this I would definetly talk to nato. He was extremely helpful.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:40 AM

If anyone has pmed me and I did not respond I apologize. I went to clean my inbox and might have erased some messages. Just send me another message and I will get back at you.