Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 11:53 PM

Default Re: Heroes Love/Hate Fest 11/5/7

[ QUOTE ]
time travel makes my head spin.

so, Adam...when was he born?

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam didn't time travel. He was born 30something years before Hiro landed in the past.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:04 AM

"Then when someone travels to the future, that future becomes their present and when they go back in time they can't change anything... see how this makes no sense?"

But the future they warp to is still the future of their world, so they can go back.

"He knew which book to give her because he saw it. The first time she got it another way."

So shouldn't Charlie have had 2 books then?

"Agreed, but since the events of this season didn't start until after Hiro went back in time and started the chain reaction that changed everything, this doesn't mean much."

Hiro was ALWAYS the Kensei of legend is what I'm saying. Japan is saved by some guy calling himself Kensei (Hiro) and it's told to all of Japan for 300+ years (Hiro in modern time), so when Hiro is accidently in the past, he knows what to do.

Anything you do in the past either won't change the future, or is what actually happened in your version of history. (Twilight Zone episode where guy goes back in time to investigate a fire, he accidently WAS the cause)
Old 11-07-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No one mentioned that Peter should now have Kensei's power of being immortal (seems deeper than Claire's healing)

[/ QUOTE ]

No, pretty sure it's the same as Claire. We've been given zero reason to think otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kensei was stabbed in the gut. But there was no blood. He didn't heal. He was never hurt. Claire would bleed and then heal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure that was just cheap production. Also has its been occasionally mentioned, wtf at promoting v mars and such and having something useful to look forward to, giving her four lines, and then having her disappear forever?

Also, how long/hard is it to possibly write this show. There is obv very little after thought after they come up with an idea and almost negative depth, as mentioned v blunt.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Then when someone travels to the future, that future becomes their present and when they go back in time they can't change anything... see how this makes no sense?"

But the future they warp to is still the future of their world, so they can go back.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes no sense. Of course, to some extent time travel makes no sense in general, but this is really stretching the nonsensicalness of time travel.

[ QUOTE ]
"He knew which book to give her because he saw it. The first time she got it another way."

So shouldn't Charlie have had 2 books then?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been too long since I've seen it for me to remember whether she said it was a birthday present the first time around, but even if it was there are several possible explanations

[ QUOTE ]

Hiro was ALWAYS the Kensei of legend is what I'm saying. Japan is saved by some guy calling himself Kensei (Hiro) and it's told to all of Japan for 300+ years (Hiro in modern time), so when Hiro is accidently in the past, he knows what to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I understand that this is your position that I'm disagreeing with. Why are you repeating this?

[ QUOTE ]
Anything you do in the past either won't change the future, or is what actually happened in your version of history. (Twilight Zone episode where guy goes back in time to investigate a fire, he accidently WAS the cause)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I understand completely the concept of time travel where you can't actually change anything. You don't need to explain it. My point is that the trips to the future prove this to not be the type of time travel that exists in Heroes. Having two different types depending on which way you travel in time simply makes no sense.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, how long/hard is it to possibly write this show. There is obv very little after thought after they come up with an idea and almost negative depth, as mentioned v blunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just described 99% of television.

Writing is tough, most people who do it suck at it, and the best writers generally do novels because you get paid way more and work for yourself (mostly).
Old 11-07-2007, 07:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that loves every bad guy on the show but finds a lot of the good guys to be annoying? Moreover, I find that with the characters that we don't know their intentions yet(like HRG) I like them best when their actions give hints that they may be bad guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno what your confusion is about HRG. He's been solidly a bad guy throughout the series, just a bad guy with a family that he cares about as much as himself, and everything he does is all about protecting himself and his family by any means. I agree that he's a great anti-hero character, I just don't see any mystery with him. (the Haitian OTOH is another matter)

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? See I think one of the more interesting storylines is Bob vs HRG...both of them definitely seem shady and seem like they could be manipulating a lot of people.

While you may personally think that HRG is the bad guy, I'm not 100% sure just yet.

100,882 and counting
Old 11-07-2007, 10:34 AM

Probably been mentioned 100times before, but is Nathan petrelli the dad of the flying boy, which could lead to exciting incest implications.

Also does Peter and Nathan mum have any powers?
Old 11-07-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably been mentioned 100times before, but is Nathan petrelli the dad of the flying boy, which could lead to exciting incest implications.

Also does Peter and Nathan mum have any powers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unknown, and probably but it's unknown.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:39 AM

"This makes no sense. Of course, to some extent time travel makes no sense in general, but this is really stretching the nonsensicalness of time travel."

It's the Bill and Ted theory. The time they were from kept ticking during their adventure. (Hiro did come back 4 months later since he was gone for 4 months...)

It seems the future version of time have are changable and the past is for the most part unchangable in Heroes land.

Sorry for repeating last post, I must have thought I didn't explain my idea well enough.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

While you may personally think that HRG is the bad guy, I'm not 100% sure just yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the things I like about heroes is it's moral ambiguity.