Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you set a weekly deposit limit for yourself on Party?
Yes. I'm a compulsive gambler. 3 3.19%
Yes, poker is a hobby, want to limit myself. 1 1.06%
No, I don't deposit, I only withdraw. 44 46.81%
No, I let myself deposit at will. 34 36.17%
Didn't Know you could do this/ show me results 12 12.77%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: March 2007 Low Content Thread

hey, why is everyone so angry in this forum now?
Old 03-03-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PLO 200 AAxx Line Check

AAxx c-bet

AAxy call or fold

Aces line check

AND SO ON AND SO ON ... [censored]
Old 03-03-2007, 08:39 PM

lol, I read like two of those threads and CrushinFelt's simple "[censored] YOU" comment amused me and left me in no doubt as to what the anger was about. Fair enough, too.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:26 PM

Been running very hot lately. Up 15 buyins approximately at .5/$1, and $1/2. Makes me wonder if I still would have done as well if I hadn't been forced to drop down to these levels. I'd be at least entirely at 2/4 right now, i'm sure, but since I can't transfer from site to site, its tough to play 2/4 with $2k on a site.

Anyway, noticed last night as I sat down to play that the tables were as bad as they have EVER BEEN. Not one table at .5/1 - 2/4 had over 50%VPIP, over over $25bb avg pot. Seriously. Not on stars, Bodog, FT, or UB. I played for $20 then dusted off my old copy of Red Alert 2. This keeps going on I might have to start paying attention to my wife again.

Here's hoping the PLO picks back up.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, noticed last night as I sat down to play that the tables were as bad as they have EVER BEEN. Not one table at .5/1 - 2/4 had over 50%VPIP, over over $25bb avg pot. Seriously. Not on stars, Bodog, FT, or UB. I played for $20 then dusted off my old copy of Red Alert 2. This keeps going on I might have to start paying attention to my wife again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been noticing that these conditions don't necessarily cause a major drop in my winrate, although I do find my profit comes from different situations.

As an interesting corollary, I'm having alot of difficulty lately playing in loose passive games with bad players; my two biggest losing sessions lately have come on the weekend, where I've gotten pissed off/haven't adapted well to *good* games.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:18 PM

Maybe that's where my next big change will come, then. I played the most passive table ever yesterday and made a good amount off them, being donkish lag. 1st time ever for me to cbet 100%, play a 70%/50% type game. Still, in the back of my mind I kept thinking that all I have to do is get pot committed once at 30% equity to erase the entire night.

I generally find my best money is made playing for stacks with equity edges. I've never been good at stealing pots on the turn for money. While I can do it, but it requires real attention to detail which I don't have the experience to do yet 6 tabling.

Also, while I'm here, I really wish that we wouldn't have posted that article in the 2+2 magizine. I feel like it is far too much good information in one spot, too accessable for easy download for all the fishies. It was seriously 6 months of surfing on this site before I thought, asked, and understood the answers to those concepts. Anyway, a great big 'waaaah' goes out to that, Rolf Slotboom, and UIGEA this month. Thanks for destroying my gravy train.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This keeps going on I might have to start paying attention to my wife again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last week I noticed Visa gift cards in the GROCERY store. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=1#Post9390631

I've also noticed at low limits there's been a reemergence of some fishy fish. The kind that pay you off PSBs on the river when you have the nuts. The kind that make the game way more profitable than when played against only decent opponents. Maybe this is the start of things to come (if you believe in Trickle Up Economics) because I can't see someone playing 1/2 with a bankroll funded by $50 Visa giftcards.

p.s. If you want to post pics of wife and current running averge winrate, when can help you decide on best course of action.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PLO 200 AAxx Line Check

AAxx c-bet

AAxy call or fold

Aces line check

AND SO ON AND SO ON ... [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that I'm sick of these threads, but playing aces right is like 60% of the skill in this game.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This keeps going on I might have to start paying attention to my wife again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last week I noticed Visa gift cards in the GROCERY store. http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=1#Post9390631

I've also noticed at low limits there's been a reemergence of some fishy fish. The kind that pay you off PSBs on the river when you have the nuts. The kind that make the game way more profitable than when played against only decent opponents. Maybe this is the start of things to come (if you believe in Trickle Up Economics) because I can't see someone playing 1/2 with a bankroll funded by $50 Visa giftcards.

p.s. If you want to post pics of wife and current running averge winrate, when can help you decide on best course of action.

[/ QUOTE ]
I walked into a party store chain and they had a rack full of them. Maybe I never noticed them before the crackdown?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm somewhat hopeful that PLO is going to be the "next big thing" and will eventually become as popular if not more popular than NL cash games. The online games will be better and I'll have more chance to play live.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys can all call me Nostratrollmus when PLO does indeed become the "next big thing". It seems like all the sudden there is an influx of NLHE players. This is definitely a sign of things to come!

Pete get your crew rolling with all the advice that gets everyone player more looser and crazy gambol aggro! I can disagree with you guys and then you can point out I'm full of crap and a low stake wannabee. The only thing is that when the games take off, make sure you send me a nice little cut of all that juice.