Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2006, 01:52 PM

Default off topic - picking a download subscription

I just got an MP3 player for myself and my wife. We don't even have a cd burner or a sound card on our computer, we are interested in only getting music for the MP3 player. We would prefer to pay for legal downloads off of one of these subscription services. Rhapsody and emusic look good, basically $15 -$20 per month to have access to 2million songs. The catch is once the subscription runs out, the songs you've downloaded to your computer won't play. However, I can save them to the MP3 player. Wouldn't those in my MP3 player be mine forever?

Sorry if this is rediculous, but the sites have no 'contact us' areas.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:15 PM

Default Re: off topic - picking a download subscription

I don't know the answer to your question, but I think the idea of having a pay service where you buy music but then they expire is stupid.

But here is the contact link you're looking for:

here
Old 12-29-2006, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just got an MP3 player for myself and my wife. We don't even have a cd burner or a sound card on our computer, we are interested in only getting music for the MP3 player. We would prefer to pay for legal downloads off of one of these subscription services. Rhapsody and emusic look good, basically $15 -$20 per month to have access to 2million songs. The catch is once the subscription runs out, the songs you've downloaded to your computer won't play. However, I can save them to the MP3 player. Wouldn't those in my MP3 player be mine forever?

Sorry if this is rediculous, but the sites have no 'contact us' areas.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm using URGE and i love it. The fact that it only cost 10 bucks a month for unlimited downloads is awesome. If there's a track I really need forever i can then buy it from any number of services. After going from Record, to tape, then CD i decided the subscription service was the way to go cause i'm just too damn tired of rebuying music that i only listen to about 60%-70% of.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:35 PM

glass_onion I sent you PM