Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 01:45 PM

Default I did it again for the 12th time in a row.

[Poker, Texas No Limt]

I did it again.

Nov, log in, deposit $725, worked it up to $3.2k, after being awake for I dont know how many hours, I leaked and donated it all away, not my A game at all.

Just yesterday, Log in, deposited $1000, went up and down then bang, went up to $3.7k, then of course what do I do, I stay on the tables tired and leak and give it away, I even went heads up against a guy with a 10k stack with me having just over 3.2k. I would never do that with my head on.

Every month since January Ive logged in deposited money double triple and once or twiced quaded up my money.

I am seriously considering quiting poker.

My finachel situation is dire, 14k load with 2k of non repayment, repayments. (I should pay £250 a month).

I just dont know what to make of myself, guy was with me watching me play, he said your A game is very good but you dont know when you quit.

I play away from home in an internet cafe, this is all aceddemic because, oh man this is really bad, I blew my wages again but its not even for this month, I was given my january wages early, I am fecked no rent money with only £160 left in my account.

Can any one relate to what Im saying, have you been in the situation and how if at all did you get over it, its like what the *** use is it if you can grind trick bluff your way into quading your money up if your going to sit there when your over cooked and give it all back and then some.

Good rule, 100% up turn is nothing if you have %200 down turn because your *** moron.

All the guys told me when I got up to 3.7k to leave it man go home, it was 4am and I had nothing better to do, darn that stack would have enabled me to take some harsh bad beats at the low sakes tables and work it up to 5k or more.

Sorry but note Ive posted this in the right area, I dont want other poker players wasting there time reading this.

I earn 21.5k a year uk, I guess Ill quit, then when I have my loan paid off and Im clear Ill go back to the tables, Playing your way out of debt is not possile, you just want to win to much, for to stop I would have to win 7>15k with 1k buy in. What can you do if get what you want but still wont stop.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:04 PM

Default Re: I did it again for the 12th time in a row.

It's not usually good strategy but if you're this bad then setting up a stop loss and stop win could be the answer.
Old 12-22-2006, 05:31 PM

Sounds like you have issues with compulsive gambling. Start being honest with yourself, for starters. I would suggest taking a break for a few months to get some money in order. Once you have a little extra, perhaps make a deposit. Since you are prone to long sessions, make yourself stop every 2 hours, or every 400 hands. Take breaks. Cash out more often. Get a buddy to watch over you so that you are accountable for your actions. Consider going to a GA meeting...

You are not alone. many people have lost thousands and thousands. Its common. Just learn from your mistakes. Remember, if you conquer this problem, you will win back everything you have ever lost, and much much more.

Gl..
Old 12-23-2006, 01:37 AM

ok so you deposit 1k and build it up 2-3 times your initial deposit in 1 session? Stop depositing 1k and sitting at 1k tables or wait till you have 30k to deposit and then you can sit at a 1knl table. U can do it over and over and you would end up busto every [censored] time.

[ QUOTE ]
[Poker, Texas No Limt]

I did it again.

Nov, log in, deposit $725, worked it up to $3.2k, after being awake for I dont know how many hours, I leaked and donated it all away, not my A game at all.

Just yesterday, Log in, deposited $1000, went up and down then bang, went up to $3.7k, then of course what do I do, I stay on the tables tired and leak and give it away, I even went heads up against a guy with a 10k stack with me having just over 3.2k. I would never do that with my head on.

Every month since January Ive logged in deposited money double triple and once or twiced quaded up my money.

I am seriously considering quiting poker.

My finachel situation is dire, 14k load with 2k of non repayment, repayments. (I should pay £250 a month).

I just dont know what to make of myself, guy was with me watching me play, he said your A game is very good but you dont know when you quit.

I play away from home in an internet cafe, this is all aceddemic because, oh man this is really bad, I blew my wages again but its not even for this month, I was given my january wages early, I am fecked no rent money with only £160 left in my account.

Can any one relate to what Im saying, have you been in the situation and how if at all did you get over it, its like what the *** use is it if you can grind trick bluff your way into quading your money up if your going to sit there when your over cooked and give it all back and then some.

Good rule, 100% up turn is nothing if you have %200 down turn because your *** moron.

All the guys told me when I got up to 3.7k to leave it man go home, it was 4am and I had nothing better to do, darn that stack would have enabled me to take some harsh bad beats at the low sakes tables and work it up to 5k or more.

Sorry but note Ive posted this in the right area, I dont want other poker players wasting there time reading this.

I earn 21.5k a year uk, I guess Ill quit, then when I have my loan paid off and Im clear Ill go back to the tables, Playing your way out of debt is not possile, you just want to win to much, for to stop I would have to win 7>15k with 1k buy in. What can you do if get what you want but still wont stop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-23-2006, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when I have my loan paid off and Im clear Ill go back to the tables

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't do that.

Find Gambler's anonymous.

Quit forever. You will never make it as a poker player.

Never.

Ever.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when I have my loan paid off and Im clear Ill go back to the tables

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't do that.

Never.

Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, I have to agree. There are some serious, deep-rooted character and personal issues here.
Old 12-23-2006, 06:03 AM

I thought I may have been a little harsh with my reply to your predicament, so I decided to read through your posting history.

I reiterate:
[ QUOTE ]

Never.

Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

And please, try to find a psychiatrist. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you're in real trouble and you need personal, professional help that you just won't receive on an internet message board.

I wish you the best.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:33 AM

Mathematically, it sound like you are due for a hot streak. I suggest you deposit the rest of your savings and play high stakes no limit hold'em until you strike gold.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:00 PM

Agreed with what other posters said. Seek professional help.

I would never consider gambling with rent money, especially if I'm already 12K in debt. That's just crazy. Even if you're a good poker player variance will busto you not to mention the fact that you're not playing with the right state of mind.
Old 12-24-2006, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mathematically, it sound like you are due for a hot streak. I suggest you deposit the rest of your savings and play high stakes no limit hold'em until you strike gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, dude.
You are up, what 269 billion this month?
Do you really in desperate need of degenerate gambler's dow?

I know, you are kidding and all, but this is not BBV, i think the only advice OP should be getting is "Either learn very very very hard about bankroll management or never play online poker for real money again"...