Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 12:16 PM

Default Re: NL50: TPTK deep vs. aggression from TAG, line-check

If we do conclude that he is on a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] draw or a set, you fold turn if the J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hits, assuming you won't be able to steal which you probably won't, unless another diamond comes on the turn and he does actually have the flush but now is scared cause it's a low one, but I don't think it's necessary to go down that route here.

If the J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] fell and villain bet the same, he would have 77 left with 32 in the pot, after you call you'd have 72 left. You're calling 12 to win the 32 + 72 = 104 if you hit one of your 4 outs and get all in on river. That's about 9:1 or so, and you're expecting to hit one of the 4 outs about the same, thing is, if the Ace falls, sure you might get to go all in, however if it's the A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he does in fact have the flush, and it's low, you're not getting all-in, also, if the remaining J fell, you're probably not getting all-in, so really you're just hoping to hit one of 2 Aces that might get you all-in this deep...so, assuming flush or full house...fold, unless of course there's a good chance he's toying with your cbets and simply wants to represent the flush, with 9 aggression that's not too unlikely but it would just depend on the session and the villain. Here...I'd still probably just fold unless I know enough about this player to convince me otherwise.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:42 PM

What I'm trying to say, but wasn't clear, is if the J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] hits how much doubt does this put in our minds that he's way ahead.

What if a non[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Jack hits? How does that change things. Quite a bit I think. IMO, putting someone on a set is much more difficult than a draw. If villain is a true TAG, he's probably folding small suited connectors out of position. However, he wouldn't fold a small PP so putting him on a set here might not be that difficult at all. I think I just answered my own question LOL [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

AC
Old 10-22-2007, 04:20 PM

ah, k gotcha sorry...and yes u did [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you call the turn then fold on the river when an absolute blank fell and he bet out about the same percentage of pot? Were you hoping you could get a free showdown when he c/r flop, bet turn, and has that high of aggression? I'm really just wondering. You were probably right, but I would've folded turn, you're probably beat on flop except for draws...which then probably hit on the turn. I think your flop play is fine, he could be drawing and you have position.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can see him take this line on flop/turn with QJ,KJ,AJ and my pot odds were quite good on the turn and yes, i was hoping he would slow down on the river.

i'm really not sure about the turn-call, but i think it's quite marginal.

i was playing rather aggressively vs. this villain and stole 2-3 pots from him (on the flop, nothing big) and therefore, i could see him playing back at me and wanted to see if he follows through on the river. (yes, i know, i should have written this in OP, but i'm not sure if it was even a factor for him).