Parker @ CHI 1 8.33%
Brown vs. DEN 1 8.33%
Taylor @ SF 5 41.67%
Green @ BUF 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
and lol at boston fans. all of a sudden everything is 'variance', as if coming back from 3-0 against the yankees in the series before they finally won their championship wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please go through this thread and list the number of times people said that.

And anyways, it wasn't. Dave Roberts is just clutch.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and lol at boston fans. all of a sudden everything is 'variance', as if coming back from 3-0 against the yankees in the series before they finally won their championship wasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
pretty much. I mean, it wasn't all that long ago we came back from a 3-0 deficit with an injured ace against the greatest closer ever. Variance owns the postseason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, we're all brain dead 'tards who don't understand variance.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to crash this awesome party, but is anyone else annoyed at Jhonny Peralta's parents for giving him that retarded spelling of his first name? The dude has to go through his whole life correcting everybody. If he didn't make it to the bigs and it wasn't splashed on a TV screen nobody would ever get it right, ever. Stupid ass parents trying to give him an "original" name.

[/ QUOTE ]

from Wikipedia:

The unusual spelling of his first name is attributed to a clerical error on his birth certificate.[1] He has refused to have it changed. The letter combinations "Jh" or "Gh" are sometimes used in the Spanish language to represent the English "J" sound, as the "J" in Spanish is normally pronounced as an English "H".

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, thanks. Sometimes I forget that basically anyone who has ever appeared on TV ends up with their own wiki page. I didn't even think to check for that.

Well if he's cool with it then I guess I'm cool with it. Carry on flaming each other, nothing to see here.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:16 PM

I can't believe no one has used these 5 magic letters yet:

BABIP

It's basically the same for everyone and demonstrates why hitting the ball AT people in key situations is just bad luck.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and i'm one of those cleveland fans that's actually still terrified. if beckett is beckett tomorrow, and boston wins, and then fausto isn't on, we're relying on westbrook to win a game 7 on the road...

that's all that's been going through my head all day, AND WE'RE UP 3-1!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly in no way is Cleveland home free in this series. If you look at Beckett's record he's basically had maybe one or two semi-bad outings this year. I mean the "bad" outings aren't even really bad. He hasn't really been shelled this year. Red Sox took it to Sabathia in game 1 too. Again Cleveland has to get to Red Sox starters early and vice versa IMO. Not likely to happen with Beckett on the hill. We'll see about Sabathia. I'm taking em one at a time and the Red Sox IMO are solid favorites in game 5.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and i'm one of those cleveland fans that's actually still terrified. if beckett is beckett tomorrow, and boston wins, and then fausto isn't on, we're relying on westbrook to win a game 7 on the road...

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly in no way is Cleveland home free in this series. If you look at Beckett's record he's basically had maybe one or two semi-bad outings this year. I mean the "bad" outings aren't even really bad. He hasn't really been shelled this year. Red Sox took to Sabathia in game 1 too. Again Cleveland has to get to Red Sox starters early and vice versa IMO. Not likely to happen with Beckett on the hill. We'll see about Sabathia.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm optimistic. The Red Sox are a good team, whether they've played like one or not. Beckett tomorrow and then two games at Fenway. Anything can happen.

And hell. If it doesn't happen, we still have 2004 and a very successful season. And we'll have the Patriots. And KG. And the Bru...and the Patriots.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:24 PM

it has been a [censored] god-send to score first in every single game this series...

being up 3-0 is a little easier than being down.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly in no way is Cleveland home free in this series. If you look at Beckett's record he's basically had maybe one or two semi-bad outings this year. I mean the "bad" outings aren't even really bad. He hasn't really been shelled this year. Red Sox took to Sabathia in game 1 too. Again Cleveland has to get to Red Sox starters early and vice versa IMO. Not likely to happen with Beckett on the hill. We'll see about Sabathia.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm optimistic. The Red Sox are a good team, whether they've played like one or not. Beckett tomorrow and then two games at Fenway. Anything can happen.

And hell. If it doesn't happen, we still have 2004 and a very successful season. And we'll have the Patriots. And KG. And the Bru...and the Patriots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the Red Sox should be a solid favorite in game 5 and then you're right, it's two games in Fenway.

Patriots are going undefeated, they have few obstacles but they're clearly the best team right now. Just have to stay healthy and they've had some injuries that should heal up.

BTW I think Beckett did get hit pretty hard when the Red Sox played the Rockies during the regular season [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 10-17-2007, 06:39 PM

I would be thrilled if the Rockies hit Beckett hard again this year. Absolutely thrilled.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL DUSTIN FRAUDROIA HAHA LOOK AT ME IM SO CLEVER

[/ QUOTE ]

....QFT hahaha. Maybe Pedroia should worry less about slapping mitts and more about NOT GROUNDING OUT WEEKLY TO THIRD BASE EVERY SINGLE AT BAT AARRGRGGHHH

[/ QUOTE ]

He's been grounding out more often than once a week.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure one thing all us 2p2ers can appreciate is obscene nittiness...