Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" Poker After Dark thread (week of 1/2)

Since everyone loves the table chatter....we need a vietnamese themed one. The unintentional comedy level would be at an all time high.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: PAD Drinking Game

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Suggestions -

Every time a player states he's bored (a la Shieky) - 2 drinks

Every time a player visibly tries to sleep at the table (Hellmuth did this over the last half of the show) - 3 drinks

others?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every time Hellmuth calls a yet-unseen hand with complete accuracy (Like him or hate him, he does this with great regularity, which is why he is such a good player), watch one episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is great, the A-7 hand from Huck for example. He also walked to Shana and went on to commentate during the hand. How can he call out that exact hand on that board?
Old 01-03-2007, 04:54 PM

Man they gotta cut back on the commercials. You see approximately 2 hands between every commericial. 2 HANDS!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:55 PM

I'm lovin' the show.

Table talk: I'm willing to bet that the chatterboxes at these tables are also chatterboxes in real life. I'd much rather watch/listen to those guys trade barbs and just try to get under each others' skin, than watching those stupid icy staredowns that WPT resorts to all the time.

Yeah, some of the players are kinda toolish. Hey, it's real life. It's fun to watch.

Limited commentary: I find that the players, even when they're just chit-chatting, have much more interesting things to say than any of the talking heads on WPT or WSOP. I too am puzzled by what the commentator does choose to say, but generally, less is better here, and they're doing a lot less, so it's better.

Shauna: Couldn't care less. Get her off the show, as far as I'm concerned. It's about poker, not T&A.

Phil H: Never disappoints
Shieky: Extreme toolness mode engaged, sir!
Annie: Shows infinitely more class than 98% of the people who trash talk her here
Steve Z: Kewl dude. Like him taking digs at Phil
Huck: Like a ghost at the table
Gus: Love Gus. Love him.

I'm hooked. It'd be slightly better if this table substituted Mike the Mouth for Huck, but hey, you watch the poker shows you have rather than the poker shows you wish you had.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm hooked. It'd be slightly better if this table substituted Mike the Mouth for Huck, but hey, you watch the poker shows you have rather than the poker shows you wish you had.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, if they want this thing to have staying power they can't bring all of the obnoxious folks in at the same time. I think having a mix of personalities (two [censored]/mega-chatterboxes, two generally-nice folks that can instigate trouble when necessary, and two good players that are pretty mellow -- I won't insult you by telling you who is in which category this week) works out pretty well. Phil and Sheiky grate enough already (in an amusing way, of course) -- no need to add Matusow to the mix . . . not in a show that airs daily.

But I hope/expect that he is in a future show, and that all of these tournaments will have at least (or exactly) two camera hogs.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:26 PM

Annie Duke is so annoying.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Annie: Shows infinitely more class than 98% of the people who trash talk her here

[/ QUOTE ]

She has the opposite MO as Sheik.

Sheik is an unbearable douche when there are TV cameras present, yet pretty ordinary in real life.
Duke is pretty ordinary when there are TV cameras, but an unbearable douche in real life.

Sheik acts as he does on TV because he wants the public to believe he's something that he really isn't, while Duke acts as she does on TV because she wants to keep the public from seeing what she really is.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get a MST3000 vibe watching this show.

Also could Sheiky and Phil stop saying "it's for TV", "look America" etc.

This Tivo season pass may not last long.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I actually started visualizing the little silhouette character chiming in at oddd times except with something funny
Old 01-03-2007, 05:54 PM

What are they doing throwing around bundles of cash in a tournament? Is that to try and make it look cool like HSP? This show is retarded.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone else get the first half of Tuesday's episode and the second half of Monday's episode? I'm watching on Seattle, and that's what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh, yes. this is the reason i'm here now, to make sure i hadn't gone mad and imagined it.

and, btw, the nbc website has monday night's show up...still episode 1 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]