Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Re: 50nl, Set....He\'s not calling a shove.....or is he?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Judging by the hands that are looking me up in this spot in past occurances i think bet sizes a tad on the smaller side are probably better in the long run.

I'd rather get 2 villians to call me down in a hand like this than one villian to stack off completely here.

[/ QUOTE ]

have u read NLHE T&P?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, why?
Old 10-29-2007, 10:33 PM

I shove, he most likely just filled KQ.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Judging by the hands that are looking me up in this spot in past occurances i think bet sizes a tad on the smaller side are probably better in the long run.

I'd rather get 2 villians to call me down in a hand like this than one villian to stack off completely here.

[/ QUOTE ]

have u read NLHE T&P?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c I can tell your bet sizing, math skills, and understanding of EV are a little off/non-existent
Old 10-29-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

have u read NLHE T&P?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c I can tell your bet sizing, math skills, and understanding of EV are a little off/non-existent

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah? That's probalby why I'm playing uNL moron

Do you do coaching? I'd love to learn from the best
Old 10-29-2007, 10:41 PM

Bravo [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I suggest you check out pocket fives man. I am sure they would appreciate your ideas on math an EV+. Until then, I'd refrain from posting if I were you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2007, 10:45 PM

wait, what?

typical [censored] 2+2, and people wonder why the best players/posters rarely talk strat...

me: here's where u need to improve
2+2er: I'M IN MICROS!!!!!!! I don't need to understand basic fundamentals necessary to beat poker

and no, I don't offer coaching, ktnxbye
Old 10-29-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ktnxbye

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're serious, people like you only hinder the learning process because they feel the need to put down other posters who are obviously here to master the basic fundamentals of poker
Old 10-29-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You really need to concentrate on building bigger pots when you flop a big hand like this one. It's especially important on the flop - since most bets in no-limit are made in relation to the current pot size, every little bit extra you put in early will be multiplied on the later streets. Think of the power of compound interest - when you have a monster hand in no-limit, it is really your friend. Take advantage of it.

Note what happened in this hand: You really wanted to get it all in, but pushing the river would be overbetting the pot. You ended up stuck between deciding on a smaller bet that would maximize your chances of getting called and a big push that would maximize your profit if it does get called. With bigger bets on the earlier streets, you wouldn't have been faced with this dilemma.

Also, note that betting bigger on the flop is especially relevant in this hand: we're in a blind-vs-blind battle, so you're going to get looked up a lot.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're heads up here!!! Even if you think going for overcalls in multiway pots is a good general strategy (I don't BTW), it doesn't even apply in this hand!
Old 10-29-2007, 10:57 PM

When seeing what they're calling me down with here I can't help but feel they're not calling me down if I play it faster trying to get AI eeasier. If he's calling me down without even top pair, i never see him stacking off with that sama hand
Old 10-29-2007, 11:02 PM

First thing I would say is plan your betsizing a bit better.
The flop is pretty dry but even a 50c bump in your bet makes a difference in how the stacks play out over the hand.

Next I would say that if he's not folding to a turn checkraise, he's probably not folding to a river shove. You can also c/r a tad bigger, maybe a buck and a half more.

Finally, I would say that your avatar makes me feel funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class.