Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Gas Leak at Ameristar in CO?

I jut saw this news story about a gas leak at the Ameristar in Black Hawk. They evacuated 500-600 people at 7pm on a Saturday night and reopened at 10pm.

Totally crazy timing, especially if you consider how swamped that place is with slot players on the weekend. Usually the poker room is pretty full or on a wait list.

Was anyone there? I am curious how they handled the chips and all that? And did anyone expect the evacuation to last that long?

Fortunately, everyone was safe, but it's hard not to joke that poker players probably would have played on. They are used to sitting at a table surrounded by gas leaks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Gas Leak at Ameristar in CO?

[ QUOTE ]
I jut saw this news story about a gas leak at the Ameristar in Black Hawk. They evacuated 500-600 people at 7pm on a Saturday night and reopened at 10pm.

Totally crazy timing, especially if you consider how swamped that place is with slot players on the weekend. Usually the poker room is pretty full or on a wait list.

Was anyone there? I am curious how they handled the chips and all that? And did anyone expect the evacuation to last that long?

Fortunately, everyone was safe, but it's hard not to joke that poker players probably would have played on. They are used to sitting at a table surrounded by gas leaks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw it on my way to the grocery store last night. When I called to find out what happened it made me less upset that the gas man never showed up at my house last night.
Old 09-30-2007, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Gas Leak at Ameristar in CO?

unrelated but i was at winstar in ok when there was a bomb threat. some floor people were telling us to grab our chips while others were telling us to leave them. luckily i just started on the 1/2 so i put them all in my pockets