Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Am I supposed to stack off with AQ here

SB is very agro 24/18/3.5 who has squeezed me twice before just this session which has been like 5 rotations so far. Button is loose pf but has coldcalled my CO opens and folded to Sbs squeezes everytime so far so I am not very worried about him. I feel like Sbs range here is ridic wide almost to the point of ATC

Folded to hero in CO who opens to $14 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Button calls $14
SB raises to $48
BB folds
Hero?

I feel like I am way ahead of his range as of now but am also way behind his calling/shoving range (of/over my 4bet)at the same time I feel that I am so far ahead of his range atm that cold calling might be bad

what am I to do to escape this quandary?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: Am I supposed to stack off with AQ here

just calling the raise in these situations is fine with me he doesn't have [censored] a lot and you can put the screws to his head when you make moves at his c/bets which you can do light since he'll be c/betting light.

use position and make flops moves light.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

or 4-bet, depends on effective stacks, also if BTN is gonna call cuzz he's "getting odds"
i might just 4-bet it here b/c of the guy OTB, cuzz if you flatcall and BTN comes along for the ride it will be that much tougher to make a light flop move
Old 09-19-2007, 10:16 PM

lol
Old 09-19-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

u think you could give some examples of making "moves" on the flop (serious question). like are you floating a lot on dry boards tryin to take it away on the turn, or raising raggy flops that likely missed his range?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:36 PM

I think a cold call here looks really strong, and people will have to have a real hand to be firing if they are not retarded, so i think that is ok. The other thing i would consider is 4 betting less than a pot size bet and folding to a push. If he just calls and you hit an Ace or Queen, I would be putting it in, otherwise, i would check it down and fold to a bet post flop.

The other advantage to this, is even if he notices you 4 bet on the small size and bluffs you here, its good that people who re-raise a lot can see you sometimes 4-bet/fold(assuming you aren't folding incorrectly with amazing odds), because the vast majority of the time when you 4-bet you probably have the goods. In jman's card-runners video he talked about 4-betting smaller than pot.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:42 PM

Given the recent history - him squeezing a ton, i'd 4-bet and call a shove. If button wasn't involved there are merits to calling for reasons already discussed.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the recent history - him squeezing a ton, i'd 4-bet and call a shove. If button wasn't involved there are merits to calling for reasons already discussed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

u think you could give some examples of making "moves" on the flop (serious question). like are you floating a lot on dry boards tryin to take it away on the turn, or raising raggy flops that likely missed his range?

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a lot of factors like how fast and how much he c/bets along with board texture and any more specific history/tells.

if he quickly pots the flop and we don't have a piece or any type of draw we can just dump it but if the flop comes KJ2 with a diamond and he takes a few seconds and puts in a 2/3rds pot bet i might think of floating and betting the turn though i'd have to be pretty sure he was check/folding to a turn bet which would be based on our history of how much i'd played back at his three bets which in this case isn't much at all which means he might give us some more credit when we call the flop if he's aware of those things. if he's not and he'll just double barrel in these situations a lot dumping or 4 betting pf looks better but if he's likely to give us some credit since we've been folding to his three bets a float looks better. know what i mean?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:12 PM

lol? how could coldcalling possibly be bad

coldcalling is probably the best option actually i think, as long as you're willing to shove him on some whiffed flops