Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: $40/$80 borgata AA

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone trying to bluff raise in this pot hates money with a passion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this may be a little extreme, although later on I did tell him I didn't like his play and he hated it even more than me. I can't really fault a guy for taking a stab at a big pot. It's just that in this particular spot, no matter how the hand played out I was never folding.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:28 PM

Comments:
This spot is similar to having KK on a Kxxxx board where a flush hits the river. We have to bet because our hand has so much value and we have to call given the pot size, specific read on the villain, scary nature of the board, and the number of missed draws out there.

I'm divided on the flop. The board is very drawy and connects with alot of both players ranges. We have 2 considerations at play. The problem is that alot of the hands in MPs range we want value from(KK/AK/AQ/KK/QQ/AJ/etc.) and alot of the hands in the good LAGs range we want to fold(draws/5 outters).

Against the former we want to c/r the flop to get in as much money as possible while against the latter we want the capper to raise for us and put the good LAG to a tough decision where he is unsure whether or not we will 3-bet.

The other consideration is that there are times when the LAG will not raise for us and our goal should be to get as much money into the pot as possible.

I think anyone who says this isn't close doesn't understand that this is a tough decision against their unique, but combined ranges. Given the size of the pot, I want to win it. I donk, but it's close.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:29 PM

Well I'm not a big fan of bloating the pot if the button stays in. That's why I didn't check raise. There is a very very slight chance the flop would get checked through if I decided to check. Any hand mp would bet with if I check to him he would raise if I donked. Plus as I said before I really wanted to give the button a chance to fold because that flop should be a pretty good flop for a lot of the button's holdings.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like C/R either. I have no interest in possibly putting 3 bets in on this river with AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not advocating a c/r as I think b/c is better, but I'm just thinking that if villian is going to valubet with any pair here, then AA is probably ahead of his range when we check and he bets.