Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 AM

Default Re: hu sng variance

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you play 1,000 HU sit n gos and win 75% of them than you are a very talented person and should either be playing for a ton of money or doing something else with your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right I don't have enough experience here.

I just noticed that when playing PLO8 lowest stakes heads-up (it's not my main game which is NLHE), that in contrast to NLHE people are drawing dead or playing for half the pot. Sometimes they may have 1 out to scoop, other times they have few outs to even just get half the pot. In other words, you cannot lose in such situations. It's virtually impossible. Only when blinds are very high they can suck out, but often the game is over long before that. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

In NLHE, there's no backup in the form of a tied pot. If you're 70/30 favorite and all the chips are in, it should be painfully obvious that 75% winrate is hard to achieve even under such favorable conditions. Imho being 70/30 favorite is pretty good for NL. You can't always get the chips in with top pair and expect them to call with middle or bottom pair for instance.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah i see what you are saying..... I started at the PLO8 5's and those were so easy i was made at myself for not playing them before.

I haven't scoped myself in a while but last time i looked at my ROI graph i was at 25% or so for 5's. I would LOVE to have that success at 20's.

I guess you might be able to dominate 5s to the point of a 75% win rate, but to prove it i would think you'd have to play it in a 500 game or 1000 game sample size. And if you could do that, you need to move up because you're wasting your time.

Good luck with it

(And you are right with 5's people will call down to the point of being all-in with 4th low and middle pair)