Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 03:05 PM

Default A couple reasonably difficult big PP decisions post-flop

UTG is a 15/11 supernit. SB is 37/16 over 100 hands and BB just calls everything and never lets go of a hand.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero ?

UTG is same super nit-bot as last hand (15/11). SB is same callbox donkey from above (BB in that hand).

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (4 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero ?
Old 11-26-2007, 03:46 PM

Default Re: A couple reasonably difficult big PP decisions post-flop

Hand 2 is a fairly easy call. It might not look great but people get out of line, 4-handed, you have aces, etc. I think I'd release for two on the turn, though it'd be sick if SB donked JT like a retard and UTG had slowplayed KK and raised you out. So maybe call two on the turn [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hand 1 sucks. I think you should continue here too though. KK, QQ, JJ, TT, big spades all squarely in MP's range and the pot is getting pretty large. SB could have a bunch of weaker overpairs or AK that you're ahead of. Probably just call, I'm not sure if capping here makes it easier to play - I wonder what others think.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:16 PM

My general rule here is to get to showdown as cheaply as possible. Unless the action gets totally insane or the board becomes even uglier.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:30 PM

Hand 1 blows for you. I'd probably cap and hope that SB and BB won't call two or three raises cold. The reason I'd cap aside from that is because if you call, it's possible that the flop will be capped anyways and you probably won't fold to a cap. Might as well be the aggressor and hope that people lay down their hands.

I might be able to rationalize a fold later in the hand if a spade hits on the turn/river and you're still facing raises and re-raises. At that point, I don't see what you'd beat unless everybody in the hand has TT, JJ and QQ.

Hand 2 is an easy call and just hope to get to a cheap showdown.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:11 PM

doesnt look like either of these flop decisions are very difficult, but the big streets could certainly be very difficult. I cap hand 1 and see what happens. I call hand 2 and see what happens. At least you got position in both cases [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 05:30 PM

just throwing it out there but i'm pretty sure i fold those kings. aces i call and showdown for 2bb more, card-depending.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:23 PM

Interesting.. I think I'd rather have the kings than the aces if I had to choose.

In hand 1 there's the real chance that sb is auto-donking after capping ak. That leaves TT-JJ-QQ for BB and MP. Can't like the spot but I'm not folding.

In hand 2 the cold call is really disturbing. In my experience that is almost always AK/Q or mid pairs, and he does't have AK/Q. The check/3 here is bad, bad, bad.

*edit* Forgot that UTG caps flop behind the check/3. It couldn't be worse. Neither capped pf so it's not KK/QQ. Supernit can't have 2p. If we don't fold AA here I don't think we ever do.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

*edit* Forgot that UTG caps flop behind the check/3. It couldn't be worse. Neither capped pf so it's not KK/QQ. Supernit can't have 2p. If we don't fold AA here I don't think we ever do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, virtually the only hand we beat here is JTs.