Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 11:05 PM

Default Re: TPTK BvB

If I just call a turn bet I am pretty much committed to the river. At that point a reasonable bet would be around 15 or more, but lets assume the lower bet size. 15+9.75+1.75 = 26.50. So I am putting in over 1/2 my stack on the by the turn and there is no folding a river to this guy. I am also going to say its fairly safe to assume he will be betting most of his range on the turn. So if this is the assumption we will be making, I think this comes down to either just folding here, shoving flop, or calling flop and shoving turn. I think folding against this guy is obviously pretty damn weak so its between shoving flop and shoving turn. The benefits of shoving flop is that it gives me the most protection and he will probably pay off with any top pair hand. The downside of course is that he folds his air hands and probably mid pair. The positive to shoving turn is that I get paid much more from his range usually as I allow him to double barrel air and mid pair hands. The downside is that I am giving him free shots to draw and there is a chance that he slows down assuming a scare card hits the board.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:15 PM

I didn't read any of the responses. How many hands you have on the villian is pretty important. I 3-bet preflop a fair bit here, but calling is fine against someone who likes to build pots. On the flop, I'd check behind. No use building a big pot WA/WB.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:25 AM

I think 3bet flop versus this type of player is best option

As played,cold call hes raise -its less EV option

You should raise hem 2like 27bb and put it allin on turn or CRAI on that flop
Old 12-01-2007, 11:21 AM

I dont really like checking behind this flop and I dont think this is a wa/wb situation either. I think he could have a fairly wide range of hands here so Im not sure why you think a check is optimal. What threw me off is that he went for the c/r when normally he just leads out with his hands. I think a point to mention here again is that he has a very high flop aggro and an extremely high raise c-bet. While I didnt c bet here, it still indicates his overall aggression. I read a thread a while back talking about stats like this and it stated that someone with a raise c bet of 15 you should start to bluff more and someone with a raise c bet of 20 you should start to get alot more comfortable getting your chips in. It is for this reason that I think a 3b/shove here could be optimal.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:56 AM

getting it in here is fine, but i think calling and getting it in on any turn is better. You get more value from his air, which i imagine wouldn't be an insignificant portion of his range.

please don't check behind on the flop