Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Penn v. Pulver

Any reason to believe that Penn doesnt win this one? -350 seems like a lot to me though. Any thoughts?
Old 06-21-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Penn v. Pulver

Penn should dominate but i'm not exactly loading up

Too many unknowns with BJ, sadly...

Hopefully we see the best BJ ever, win this fight, go dominate the winner of Sherk/Hermes for the lightweight title, then step up and take down the Welterweight title, etc.

He's 28 years old, will be 29 in December. He still could step up and fulfill all the hype and hope... or he could not.

-P
Old 06-22-2007, 12:35 AM

One fight I really like on the card is Miller/Wang. Wang is at +486 on Pinnacle, but I think he actually matches up well with Miller. Cole likes to work from his back, and that will force Wang to use his BJJ rather than flail around on his feet. The line is way off, IMO.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:52 AM

Miller/Wang - Bet on Wang. Miller is good on the ground but odds are Wang is probably better (Though we have no indication). Wang is undervalued because he had the worst showing EVER on TUF. He'll prob still lose the fight though because he'll want to land the overhand right and be willing to fight wherever cole wants to.

Penn - Shoulda bet him about 10 days ago if you wanted to. His newest interview and news are really hyping him up and I never saw penn losing this fight anyway. He's already down to 159lbs(as of a couple days ago) and so his line is reflecting that now.(Where as people seemed to be betting pulver based on his good personality showing in TUF). I will say this, I think BJ is a favorite vs Matt Hughes (I bet a [censored] on him @ +223 vs matt the 2nd time) and I do think he could beat GSP, but that doesn't mean he gets to walk through Pulver. Pulver dominated hallman, the man Hughes could never beat and stylistically he's worse for Penn. Still I never saw Penn losing this fight and I wouldn't wager on it.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:23 PM

Just a casual fan. I think Penn will own this fight. -350's prolly too much, though. Not sure. Nature of the sport makes it so a good connection to the chin or side of the face can make a nasty upset happen. I'm guessing Penn's defense should be too good for that. Now,... as long as he doesn't get too cocky or risky, this is his for the taking in the first couple rounds by submission.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:57 PM

YIKES! I never seen a more mismatched UFC event card. The only fight I am betting on is the Finale Manny VS Nate. I think Manny will win this by executing the same Sherk style dominance that got him to the finals. Nate looked less than impressive VS Hill and Manny is too good to get caught in a sub (which is Nate's only hope). Manny by una decision.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
YIKES! I never seen a more mismatched UFC event card. The only fight I am betting on is the Finale Manny VS Nate. I think Manny will win this by executing the same Sherk style dominance that got him to the finals. Nate looked less than impressive VS Hill and Manny is too good to get caught in a sub (which is Nate's only hope). Manny by una decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I STRONGLY urge you to RECONSIDER your stance IF it is based upon nate's later showings in TUF. only if those caps words apply to you, otherwise disregard this post. Manny is def a beast too...his only loss comes @ the hands of Sherk himself and he got taken to a UD whereas his cousin karo got TKOed by towel
Old 06-22-2007, 04:04 PM

I put a micro bet on Wang. C'mon you crosseyed foo!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:20 PM

Surprised nobody has mentioned that Pulver beat Penn the first time they fought.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Surprised nobody has mentioned that Pulver beat Penn the first time they fought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you don't know that, you probably shouldn't even begin considering to bet. But my opinion is that people should have done research inmarkets they are betting in...that isn't always the case in reality and I donno that it's certainly true either. Also remember this is a 3 round fight.