Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

shouldn't the "need for them to be punished" be determined by the parents of the dead girl? i mean obv they could press a civil suit... if they haven't... maybe they're plotting a violent murderous revenge, who knows (and i wouldn't hold it against them, altho they'd obv go to jail and rightly so)
Old 11-14-2007, 01:49 PM

While what the other family did is just unthinkably mean, I don't think you can really blame them for the kid's death.

One of the things that scares me about having kids is the fear that I would become equally irrational when my own kid gets shitted on in some fashion.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Wow, I feel horrible for her parents, they are going to be second guessing themselves for the rest of their lives

- "lets sue" / "lets press charges." *sigh* it was 13 year olds messing around with a grave consequence; while the family would probably win a civil suit what does that accomplish? i hate this sue happy society...

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, trainwrecking the other family(since I am sure the parents of the other daughter would end up paying in some way) would not heal anything. It would only stand to be a revenge suit, since I am sure the legal fees alone would ruin any chance any of the other possible kids(if they have kids outside of the myspace killer) in that 2nd family have of going to college or anything like that.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:51 PM

This is obviously a horrible tragedy but it seems a little fishy that the last few messages could not be retrieved. Wouldn't they stay on her myspace inbox even if the other account was deleted?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:53 PM

also a little fishy is that she died "the next day" lol, although it's obv from attempting-to-hang-yourself-related-complications... just strange
Old 11-14-2007, 01:55 PM

Disturbing story. Pretty crappy parenting on both sides.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:55 PM

No joke: If somebody did that to my child, I'd kill them.

Obviously, I don't recommend that anyone do this. I am just stating what I believe I would do if I was put in this situation. I'm only 38, but from the last 15 or so odd years, my life has become pretty repetitive, anyway. The only change is that I have a son and its the best thing to see him growing up. If that was taken away from me, well, there's just so much eating, drinking, humping, watching tv, and playing poker that one can do. If I added to that line-up of daily events the sorrow of knowing that some bastard(s) were responsible for killing my child (and the fact that my child was no longer here) I would just as soon die, anyway ... and, I would be taking some revenge before I went.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:57 PM

I think it'd be pretty understandable if they killed the other parents, I mean obv they'd still hafta goto jail, but I'm not sure I'd be surprised/shocked/offended/whatever if they just went over and shot them or something. Still, I don't think suing them for money accomplishes anything except perpetuating the lawsuit culture..
Old 11-14-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No joke: If somebody did that to my child, I'd kill them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much what I think. I would at least ruin their lives.

To those who are like "Oh you shouldn't sue, all it does is serve revenge," are you people idiots? Someone manipulated your child into killing themselves and you are not going to press charges?

You people have a seriously [censored] up worldview if you let people get away with things like this.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also a little fishy is that she died "the next day" lol, although it's obv from attempting-to-hang-yourself-related-complications... just strange

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? I hope this is just ignorance and not actually funny to you. Very common for a bad hypoxic event to lead to death over the next few days if you can revive the person initially.