Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: Genarlow Wilson -- Georgia is insane

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Like I said, this isn't the NBA. No makeup calls. The jury is there for a reason. I don't get how ANYONE defends what happened here. It seems pretty clearly outrageous to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Christ.

Dude, for about the 400th time, I wasn't defending it....I was completely and obviously speculating on the possible reasons that the judge and DA acted in the manner in which they did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh... actually this is the first time (at least in response to me), since before, rather than answer me when I asked if you were defending this, you just called me a bunch of names and started some ridiculous tangent.

If all you were doing was offering some reason for why they made this mistake, then you should have made that clear.

I forget how amazingly pointless it is to discuss things with you. Really, you need to stop taking things so personally when someone disagrees with you or misinterprets your position.

Take a deep breath, and then offer a rational response. It's easy.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, now for the 401st time, I've never said it was OK what the judge or DA did in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna show me the 400 other times you apparently made this clear?

I haven't re-read the thread and am willing to admit that maybe you said this and I missed it. But please show me if you're gonna insist that you've already laid this out.

I haven't read everything you've said to other people. All I know is I addressed you the first time you brought this up, you blew me off, and now I'm asking you again since I thought all the nonsense was over with.

I'm sure you are convinced you are being reasonable and I'm just pushing all your buttons. But all I've been doing has been trying to make some sense of your first reply in this thread, and figure out if you are defending what happened (since it sure seemed like you were).

This is the section of your post that led me to believe you were OK with the ruling:

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't figure out how he got off on the rape count when the video shows him screwing a girl while shes practically knocked out unconscious and unable to consent.

I think the 10-year sentence was the judge's version of a "make right" for the jury's inability to convict on the rape charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize you admittedly were going on a foggy memory, but I didn't notice anywhere in this thread where you changed your opinion based on the new information.

So maybe you can show me what it is that you're talking about.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So now we can get back to the first page, before a bunch of needless name calling, detours, and ranting, where RedBean seems <u>perfectly OK</u> with the idea that because maybe the judge thought Wilson should have been convicted of forced rape (despite the fact that the jury easily found him innocent of this) that he decided to give the max sentence on the 17-on-15 statch instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umpteenth time.
The judge gave him the minimum sentence allowed.
He could not give him probation.
He could not give him 1 year.
He had to give him at least 10 years under the law.
Don't blame the judge.
Blame "mandatory minimum sentences" which everybody pushed to take discretion away from "soft judges".

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, OK? My point is that SOMETHING is the problem. I don't care if it's the judge or the laws he has to work with or whatever. You're putting arguments in my mouth.

My position is that the government monopolized court system really sucks, and that this is a result that is so bad it would be impossible if courts were privatized.

If I say universal health care doesn't work, I'm not "blaming" the doctor.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Like I said, this isn't the NBA. No makeup calls. The jury is there for a reason. I don't get how ANYONE defends what happened here. It seems pretty clearly outrageous to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus Christ.

Dude, for about the 400th time, I wasn't defending it....I was completely and obviously speculating on the possible reasons that the judge and DA acted in the manner in which they did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh... actually this is the first time (at least in response to me), since before, rather than answer me when I asked if you were defending this, you just called me a bunch of names and started some ridiculous tangent.

If all you were doing was offering some reason for why they made this mistake, then you should have made that clear.

I forget how amazingly pointless it is to discuss things with you. Really, you need to stop taking things so personally when someone disagrees with you or misinterprets your position.

Take a deep breath, and then offer a rational response. It's easy.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, now for the 401st time, I've never said it was OK what the judge or DA did in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wanna show me the 400 other times you apparently made this clear?

I haven't re-read the thread and am willing to admit that maybe you said this and I missed it. But please show me if you're gonna insist that you've already laid this out.

I haven't read everything you've said to other people. All I know is I addressed you the first time you brought this up, you blew me off, and now I'm asking you again since I thought all the nonsense was over with.

I'm sure you are convinced you are being reasonable and I'm just pushing all your buttons. But all I've been doing has been trying to make some sense of your first reply in this thread, and figure out if you are defending what happened (since it sure seemed like you were).

This is the section of your post that led me to believe you were OK with the ruling:

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't figure out how he got off on the rape count when the video shows him screwing a girl while shes practically knocked out unconscious and unable to consent.

I think the 10-year sentence was the judge's version of a "make right" for the jury's inability to convict on the rape charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize you admittedly were going on a foggy memory, but I didn't notice anywhere in this thread where you changed your opinion based on the new information.

So maybe you can show me what it is that you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

*Yawn*

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]