Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: EPT London day 1 writeup.

[ QUOTE ]

I think check/calling in this spot is fine with a lower flush draw but since I have the nut flush draw I'd rather check/raise. He only had a few more hundred chips than me, so he's definitely not folding any flush draw here so I want to get those in when I have a ton of equity against them, and this guy is definitely capable of raising in position with all those medium suited hands. If I had 98cc I think check/call is much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think giving him a lower flush draw here is extremely optimistic, I think the most likely result of your c/r is he folds all his air, mid pp hands and shoves w/ all his aces... I think the only merit it has is that you will likely fold out all K's
Old 09-26-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: EPT London day 1 writeup.

I'm not 'giving him' a lower flush draw. He could have almost any two cards on this flop. If aces/flush draws make up like 30% of his range then clearly check/raising is correct. There are about 1700 chips in the pot.

It's not like I know what he has, and if he's folding basically everything in his range except aces/flush draws (Why are you discounting flush draws? Do you really think randoms in this tournament are going to be folding them? Puh-lease) then a check/raise ends the hand a huge amount of the time and then I have a ton of equity when put allin.