Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 12:22 PM

Default EPT London day 1 writeup.

If you haven't noticed, the day is still going, but I am not, so I am out. Here is every single hand I played today.

25/50, open to 150 in LP with 88, steal the blinds. Go bobby.

25/50, CO opens, button calls, I call in the bb with KQ, miss, and check/fold to a pot sized bet.

25/50, see a raised multiway flop of QQ3 with 44 and fold to a lot of action.

25/50, raise two loose limpers to 250 on the button with A8cc. BB calls and limpers call. Flop Q93 with one club, checks around. Turn Ah, checks around. River J, checks to the guy to my right who bets 200, I call, bb makes it 1600, we fold.

25/50, I raise As6x in the CO on Clowny Boatman's bb, he calls. Flop T53ss, check, bet 250, call. Turn 3, check/check. River 2, check/check, T2dd is good.

25/50, one limp, I make it 250 with JJ, Boatman calls in the SB, limper calls. Flop QT8, checks around. Turn 5, Boatman bets 400, limper folds, I call. River 5, he bets 700 and my make imo the only mistake I made of the tournament and call. AQo is good.

25/50, Boatman limps UTG like he does every single hand, raise to 200, call in the CO, I call otb with 65hh, sb calls, Boatman makes it 1k and everyone folds.

50/100, raise with 76s to 300 with about 7k in my stack. 6 callers. Nice deck! Flop is void of sevens, sixes and spades and I fold to a ton of action.

50/100, guy raises to 300, three callers, I call with 64cc in the bb. Flop AhQc8c, checks to the CO who bets 600, button calls, I call. Turn Qh, checks around. River Qd, I check/fold.

UTG limps, I make it 400 with KQo, maniac calls, limper folds. Flop J65hhh, I bet 650, he folds. POT NUMBER ONE.

50/100, Boatman limps utg, another limper, I complete with KQhh, bb checks. JT5cc, I check, bb checks, Boatman bets 300, I call, bb calls. Turn 6d, I check/fold to Boatman's pot bet which means he probably had a set or T5 or something.

I go to break with 5550.

75/150, I open to 400 with KTss, maniac calls. Flop KK4dd, I bet 600, he calls. He has like 3500 left. Turn 5, I bet 1100 and he gets all pissed off and folds.

I'm utg+1, utg makes it 500 with like 7k behind. I have 55 next to act with like 6700 and fold. I was proud since who folds pairs preflop live and I would've made the mistake of calling there a few months ago. Vicky Coren calls, flop 975 and they put in a shitton of action without a hand that is better than bottom set.

75/150, I'm in the bb. Active CO opens to 500, I call with Q9cc with like 6400 behind. Flop AAKcc, I check, he bets 600, I make it 2k, he shoves, I call, he has A4ss and turns quads.

Number of pots won preflop: 1.

Number of pots won on the flop: 1.

Number of pots won on the turn: 1.

Number of pots won on the river or at showdown: 0.

Good luck to those still in. If anyone thinks I misplayed one of these hands, let me know. There was one or two spots I could've rr'ed preflop but with my stack size I wouldn't have been comfortable doing it since my table was so good.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:30 PM

Default Re: EPT London day 1 writeup.

25/50, one limp, I make it 250 with JJ, Boatman calls in the SB, limper calls. Flop QT8, checks around. Turn 5, Boatman bets 400, limper folds, I call. River 5, he bets 700 and call. AQo is good.

Fold to this bet, theres no way your good
Old 09-25-2007, 12:32 PM

Yeah, like I said, only mistake I feel I made the entire day.

EDIT: Note that Barny is not capable of valuebetting a hand worse than KQ in this spot.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:33 PM

Most of these hands seem fine but just about every decision in your last hand seems bad...
Old 09-25-2007, 12:58 PM

bleh

lol @ putting in a shitton of action against your mucked set....sigh.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:04 PM

Yeah I don't like the checkraise in the last hand either.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:13 PM

nice write up by why you hating on Barney? The guy hasn't had any collosal wins but he does alright - also he comes across as a super nice guy.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:58 PM

last hand looks suspect... do you really have to call there?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:49 PM

75/150, I open to 400 with KTss, maniac calls. Flop KK4dd, I bet 600, he calls. He has like 3500 left. Turn 5, I bet 1100 and he gets all pissed off and folds.

I probably check there live - is that wrong?
Old 09-26-2007, 12:25 AM

The Q9cc and the KTss hands were both read based on the person. I didn't include the hands that made me think the lines I took were the best play. The KTss guy has already bluffed off all of his chips and also lost a big one with KK < AA where he just called a reraise preflop and played the hand kinda tricky. He's definitely frustrated and my read on him was that he wasn't floating the flop, which is basically the only way he's ever betting the turn without a hand he's folding if I bet. I think it's better to bet because I don't think he's folding 99 if I bet down because I'm the [censored] gobboboy.

Q9cc, one hand I saw him play made me think he's two barreling a lot and thus check/calling becomes inferior to check/raising: Vicky Coren raises utg to 125, he makes it 400. She calls. Flop 732sss, she check/calls 600. Turn 6s. She checks, he immediately throws out a 1k chip, she calls. River Jc, check/check. She shows 98ss and he shows red kings.

I think check/calling in this spot is fine with a lower flush draw but since I have the nut flush draw I'd rather check/raise. He only had a few more hundred chips than me, so he's definitely not folding any flush draw here so I want to get those in when I have a ton of equity against them, and this guy is definitely capable of raising in position with all those medium suited hands. If I had 98cc I think check/call is much better.

I put his range into pokerstove and I only need 30% to make it a good call, and since I have so little play I'm willing to gamble it up to get to a big stack since my table is really really good. I think my edge at this table is at least 10% on every hand I play if not more, so I think it's worth taking a slight 3% gamble to build a big stack.