Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 12:05 PM

Default 25NL: First hand of the Day Tight Fold?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

<font color="green">Reads: Villan is in the sb and is: unknown. </font>
SB: $25.30
Hero (BB): $25.00
UTG: $21.70
UTG+1: $55.55
MP1: $25.70
MP2: $18.50
MP3: $10.15
CO: $25.20
BTN: $8.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
6 folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB calls $0.15, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, BTN calls $1.00, SB calls $1.00

<font color="blue"> After reviewing this raise PF myself I think I probably should have overbet it a bit since I would be OOP against the button limper. But I am sure a pot sized raise is fine also. </font>

Flop: ($3.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.25</font>, 2 folds
Uncalled bet of $2.25 returned to SB

<font color="blue"> Here I just wasn't sure if I was up against a small flush, an Ax with the Ac or drawing dead against Axc. A king or a set is likely as well. I was unsure how many outs I had here although I think I had the villans range pegged. I was a pretty sizable dog or drawing to 11 outs. The bet was about 3/4's the pot and I am getting 3-1. I assume this is an easy call after re-evaluating? Then see how things go on the turn. </font>
Old 09-18-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: 25NL: First hand of the Day Tight Fold?

The problem is you either a slight favorite (55/45) over a bare Ac or a big underdog to a made small flush or a made nut flush or top pair. And you have a player to act behind you, so I would fold.

Plus you don't know what cards are your outs, what do you do if you catch a club and he bets the pot on the turn?
Old 09-18-2007, 01:45 PM

agree. i like the way you played this.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:49 PM

Easy fold i'd say. Even if he's doing it with just a A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] you will have to dodge alot of cards. You're OOP and won't ever feel very comfortable unless you get some miracle runners.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:50 PM

clear fold wp
Old 09-18-2007, 01:50 PM

Agree with AceHigh here. First hand, so you have no reads. I like a bigger raise PF here, but I don't think you can say potting it was necessarily bad. I think the Button would have folded a really marginal hand PF, but might have something like ATs. The SB got semi-decent odds to call the PF raise (just shy of 3-1), so he could have a wide range.

On the flop you have a possible pair that beats you, a set looking to push out a flush draw, an OOP flush or OOP FD. With no reads, you can't expect him to be trying to push out the PF raiser. I think you're likely beat here, and certainly are beat enough to make calling -EV.

That said, there is SOME good on the side of raising here. Any K or low flush will quite possibly give it up. I still think folding is the right move, though. (Whatever you do, don't just call. Definitely fold or raise.)
Old 09-18-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That said, there is SOME good on the side of raising here. Any K or low flush will quite possibly give it up. I still think folding is the right move, though. (Whatever you do, don't just call. Definitely fold or raise.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I agree here. This is 25NL. Most of the players are thinking on the 1st level. I really don't think they fold a small flush. A SUPER SUPER tight 25NL player may fold a K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] here, but IMO I don't think I can get those hands to fold out.

edit: didnt realize you mean a pair of K's and the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is on the board lol. But as for a small flush, they are getting it in.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:09 PM

Did I missed something? Why the SB should overbet the flop with flush? Only logical thing is, he has a set and he trying to protect his set against flush. Or he is bluffing and trying to represent flush.

And now you are not OOP anymore. I would raise to 6.5 and fold to villain reraise/shove.