Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Official review thread, Bond18, Tilt $75

Alright guys, thought i'd get the ball rolling here by starting off with a Tilt 25k guarantee i went deep in and got like 14th today. It's a decent HH to review because i was kind of out of it today and didn't play great, and theres big stack and short stack in here.

Sorry about the mix up in the earlier thread, i had asked tilt to forward me the HH of the one i thought i won, but i guess i got the date wrong. Tilt HH's have the annoying habit of being broken up every time you move tables, so you to get a complete one you have to request it from support.

Thanks to everyone who PM'd me with offers to ship in HH's, i think i'll come up with a list or schedule or something.

Here's the link:

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA82209/...%20Master/8550

For those who don't know you need to make a log in but don't have to pay anything.

So go ahead and question/comment on all hands you like, and i'll be around to check in regularly tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Official review thread, Bond18, Tilt $75

27. I like checkraising the turn with the boat better than donking the river.

90. I guess you are really anti-limping, but when hijack limps, I would just limp behind with the 3s. This gives you good implied odds for a set and position to take the pot postflop.

122. ComeonPhish is LAG regular, but he raised over 4x BB from hijack. He actually had AQ, which makes me think 4x from him has its conventional online meaning, and he was likely to have a pp that dominated your 77, so I would not resteal here.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:04 AM

Incidently, this is more appropriate for HSMTT, and the one you posted from the $25 MTT in HSMTT had a lot of basic errors and was more appropriate to SSMTT.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Incidently, this is more appropriate for HSMTT, and the one you posted from the $25 MTT in HSMTT had a lot of basic errors and was more appropriate to SSMTT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing, maybe he got them mixed up?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:02 PM

hand 56: you raise limper with Ts8s and get a Kc Jc Qd flop and c bet. Don't you think the chance of being cr'd off this hand is very high and it'd be best just to check? If he checks again on turn maybe think about c betting then?

btw: is this a specific read on villain that you raised with this hand pre-flop, or do you often raise here regardless of reads?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 56: you raise limper with Ts8s and get a Kc Jc Qd flop and c bet. Don't you think the chance of being cr'd off this hand is very high and it'd be best just to check? If he checks again on turn maybe think about c betting then?

btw: is this a specific read on villain that you raised with this hand pre-flop, or do you often raise here regardless of reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand caught my eye also, esp since a lot of low stakes players would just limp along with T8s in this spot. The villian seemed pretty loose and not very good. He had open limped a few times and limped behind a limper frequently. He usually called a raise after he limped. Since the villian usually calls a raise, was this an isolation play? How weak a hand would you iso with?

and thanks for posting this HH, much appreciated.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:57 PM

I thought hand 106 was a little overly loose. UTG raised, MP re-raised, and a push with AJo? I noticed GDS had been your nemesis earlier, raising a lot of your PFR and C-bets. Did you just put him on a move, and coupled that with Pohker getting it in with ATs the hand before?
Old 09-08-2007, 02:06 PM
 is offline

Hand 12: I basically would always just check that down unless I hit an A or straight. Isn't the K on the turn like right smack in their ranges? I don't get bluffing at it.

Hand 27: As I said in your other post, I like check/calling flop and then leading turn and river here.

Hand 28: Guess I found another one of my leaks, because I just loooooove to call here anyway even though we know we're crushed and only getting like 7:1 implied if he moves in every time. How deep you need him to be to call for set value?

Hand 37: Should I not be opening with these Ax hands on the button??

Hand 56: In general, after raising a limper PF, is there anyt flop that you're not c-betting on?

Hand 77: Is the 3BB UTG raise here standard for you? You seem to hail from the 'raise less than 3BB PF' camp, and if anything, I would assume this is more true from EP.

Hand 106: Please teach me how to do this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hans 122: A 20BB known good player makes it 4BB to go PF. What's your shoving range here? Are you also shoving 22? AJs?
Old 09-08-2007, 02:37 PM
 is offline

Hand 131: I find this hand to be interesting. I kinda hate calling with that hand OOP against a guy who's opened a ton, but I our stacks are terrible for a reraise because it would likely have to be reraise/fold, which is usually awful. Good fold to the squeeze, I think. Is there any range that you're calling the button raise with AND shoving on the squeeze?

Hand 132: Is the bet on the flop for value, bluff, or protection? I auto-defaulted to checking these flops when I have a smaller pair, but then I find myself in so many sticky spots on the turn and river, even with position.

Hand 139: I assume the plan is lead/fold. I kinda like leading here, especially into 2 people because its less likly you're FOS. HU though, do you check/call vs. the raiser?

Hand 152: LOVE the flop smoothcall. I'd play it the same exact.

Hand 184: Not sure I get this hand. Was your plan all along to limp/reraise? Had he been raising your limps a lot (doesn't seem like it)? We have to know we have like zero FE once he makes it >4BBs PF vs. a limper. Isn't a more effective way to get it in PF to just open from the SB?

Hand 191: I'd just fold UTG with QTo here.

Hand 196: I play the same. What if UTG+1 made it 4BBs PF instead of 2.5BBs? What's the play then?

Hand 203: I'd probably just fold this PF because you've been hammering this guy all tourney and I'd want a real hand to do it to him again.

Hand 210: Hmmmm. We're getting over 4:1 PF. Is it awful that I'd probably see a flop here even though we're likely crushed?

Hand 229: Interesting PF spot, IMO. Is shoving terrible?

Hand 232: Gotta love the ol' smoothcall from the guy closing the action on the river with the nuts. LOL.

Hand 240: Another interesting spot. I think this is closer to a fold than people think because I would have THOUGHT that our FE was basically zero (apparently I was wrong), but I still shove too.

Hand 244: Mighta shoved here. Close. AQ I'm definitely shoving.

Well-played overall, gg.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:17 PM

Hand 10: Are you calling if you are on the button instead?

Hand 27: What do you think about shoving the turn? There are still draws that you could be pushing and I think he’s more likely to call with an overpair/FD type hand then to a river shove.

Hand 31: I check a lot of flops that aren’t HU and this one would be a default check for me.

Hand 48: Is that fold standard?

Hand 184: The limp/shove was planned right? Cuz I like that move and don’t seem to use it properly/enough