Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Fun w/ JJ

Bellagio 15-30. UTG is very loose and passive and dumb, button is also not smart but is perhaps more creative.

Preflop:
UTG limps, MP limps, The Dude raises 3 off the button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Button coldcalls, BB calls, limpers calls.

Flop: (10.67 SBs) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 Players)</font>
Checked to The Dude who checks. Button bets, only UTG calls, The Dude calls.

Turn: (6.8 BBs) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (3 Players)</font>
UTG checks, The Dude bets without really having more of a plan.

Comments?
Old 08-29-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Fun w/ JJ

I insta bet this flop and look real confident in doing so.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:41 PM

Wow. I surprisingly like the flop check here. I don't want BTN to raise and iso us with a range that includes Ac/Qc and I really want to see a turn card. Inducing bluffs is decent as well. The main problem I have with betting the flop is that we're putting in too many bets on the flop if we get raised and call, but that there's no way you're taking this pot down here with a bet.

I like the turn too. Turn should be a bet/fold depending on how it comes back to you. Please post whatever action comes next after some discussion.

nh so far, sir.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:42 PM

I think a flop bet will drop everyone w/o a club or a K, will likel ybuy the button for the rest of the hand, and generally makes it easier to play. If I check, its probably with the intention of floding.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:42 PM

I don't like the turn bet. Anyone who has a half a brain should be able to figure out you don't have a boat, flush, or king...which means they can raise you off the hand with impunity.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the turn bet. Anyone who has a half a brain should be able to figure out you don't have a boat, flush, or king...which means they can raise you off the hand with impunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? This line looks likes an attempt to 3-bet.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:55 PM

When I first looked at this I was like WTF no flop bet? but then I thought about it some more and this whole line seems brilliant. You avoid being bluff raised with Acx on the flop, you dont give a free card on the turn, and you have an easy fold if you get raised on the turn. Not to mention you get to see the turn card for cheap (easy fold if a club obv).

Very informative, op.

question: whats our line with J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?
Old 08-29-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? This line looks likes an attempt to 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not kidding. To me, this looks like an attempt to buy the pot with a mid-pair + 1 club. If I was in the hand and flopped a set, a flush, TPTK, or AQ with a nut/2nd nut flush draw, I would auto-bet the flop...maybe when I reach 1000 posts I can add the part about "not betting the flop in a 5-way pot with a real hand is burning money".

Just because I haven't posted 1000's of times doesn't mean that I haven't played &gt;500k hands.

Also, this is a 15 game at the Bellagio...perhaps I am making the comment w.r.t the game OP is actually playing. And yes, I have played the 15 &amp; 30 at the Bellagio.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:04 PM

Aggression from a TAG gere is rarely the intent to bet/call. That said it's plausible that a donk here is usually an attempt to bet/fold or bet/3bet. Given that understanding, anyone who's has a lone club won't be raising this turn. Not sure if this villain will suscribe to this train of thought though. However, to telegraph that Hero is ALWAYS bet/folding here is a large fallacy.

I don't believe I made any mention to the number of hands a poster has to have to make a comment. I also never siad it was pre-requisite to have played in the game. That [censored]'s all in your head.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:18 PM

were you betting the turn if it was the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?