Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 10:31 PM

Default 10NL KK river decision

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Villan is a 23/7/2...he just sat down and posted. He snap called every street which lead me to believe that he was on the flush draw here.

Hero (SB): $10.40
BB: $3.85
UTG: $15.35
UTG+1: $5.45
MP1: $11.05
MP2: $3.85
CO: $10.00
BTN: $1.50

CO posts $0.10
Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (8 Players)
4 folds, CO checks, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, BB folds, CO calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.10) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.00</font>, CO calls $1.00

Turn: ($3.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.25</font>, CO calls $2.25

River: ($7.60) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero????
Old 08-26-2007, 01:33 AM

Default Re: 10NL KK river decision

Could you please kindly tell me what 23/7/2 means? I gather these are a set of statistics gathered from hand histories but I have no idea what they mean and I don't see any way of finding out unless I ask somebody on here.

If this 23/7/2 business means the player is anywhere near competent, then snap calling turn and river does scream out flush draw. If he had a set, then he could have raised the flop and certainly should have raised the turn with such a drawy board. Only hands I see villain holding, then, are 88, TJ+ and two clubs. I think you have to check and call. I don't see any value in leading out - only hands that might call that you beat are TJ, QJ, KJ. I think you have to call a bet because I don't think Ax of clubs always bets that board and so I would suggest that more often than not if he bets, it's a bluff. Really though, I'm happy if it goes check, check here.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:38 PM

Rod, he's played this hand very strangely and I'd say this is a WA/WB situation. His range is wide enough that he can have a flush draw with or without the ace or TP with a medium kicker but he could also be slow playing a set or 89. I'd put out a blocker of about 3$ and fold if raised.

Sik, I don't have a link for you but look up poker tracker. The SSNL master sticky should also have a couple of articles on poker tracker and how to use it.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:26 PM

check/call might be my line, but I don't hate betting here. I do hate b/f half your remaining stack or 30bb though,

Checking the turn might of been a good line if you didn't want to play a big pot with the KK.

I really like check/call line the best. aces up being the worst case scenario. I think he will show you a busted flush draw though. sets should be afraid of the clubs and would raise at some point, same with a straight unless it was 8c9c.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you please kindly tell me what 23/7/2 means? I gather these are a set of statistics gathered from hand histories but I have no idea what they mean and I don't see any way of finding out unless I ask somebody on here.

If this 23/7/2 business means the player is anywhere near competent, then snap calling turn and river does scream out flush draw. If he had a set, then he could have raised the flop and certainly should have raised the turn with such a drawy board. Only hands I see villain holding, then, are 88, TJ+ and two clubs. I think you have to check and call. I don't see any value in leading out - only hands that might call that you beat are TJ, QJ, KJ. I think you have to call a bet because I don't think Ax of clubs always bets that board and so I would suggest that more often than not if he bets, it's a bluff. Really though, I'm happy if it goes check, check here.

[/ QUOTE ]

23 is the VP$IP % or the amount of times they Voluntarily Put Money in the Pot
7 is the PFR% or Pre Flop Raise% how often he raises preflop
2 is the agression factor which has to do with how often he calls or bets on the flop which gives some indication of how aggressive he is.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:05 PM

looks like he was on a draw. check and call a moderate bet.