Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Typical Small Stakes Overcard Spot

a 30/7/2 limps in EP, a 21/5/.73 calls in the sb, i raise A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] from the bb, both call.

Flop(6sb): J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

i bet, both call.

Turn(4.5bb): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

what's the plan small stakes? check or fire? if check, check fold or call? if fire, b/f or b/c? what makes that decision so hot?
Old 08-23-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Typical Small Stakes Overcard Spot

i usually b/f. that might be bad.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i usually b/f. that might be bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't mind b/f, this is a very drawy board & we could still be ahead, that 5 seems pretty harmless. But if we get popped I don't like our chances.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:24 PM

I originally wanted to bet the turn but after Stoving this I am not really excited about our chances.
I tried to find ranges that they play pf and also have some reason to call your flop bet while also considering that you showed strength raising pf from the BB.

I am sure some might prefer different ranges and I probably left some spade hands out for the SB but I was getting tired. Of course, who knows what some people might call flops with.

--
9,877,916 games 138.985 secs 71,071 games/sec

Board: Js Jc 9s 5h
Dead:

equity win
Hand 0: 42.358% 39.61% { 99-88, AJs-A9s, As8s, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, AQo-AJo, KJo+ }

Hand 1: 43.066% 42.06% { QQ-99, AQs-A9s, As8s, As7s, As6s, As5s, As4s, As3s, As2s, K9s+, Ks8s, Kh7h, Ks7s, Ks6s, Ks5s, Ks4s, Ks3s, Q8s+, Qs7s, Qs6s, J7s+, T7s+, 97s+, 8s7s, AJo, A9o, KJo-K9o, QTo-Q9o, J8o+, T8o+ }

Hand 2: 14.576% 12.15% { AcQs }

edit: did not evaluate the turn card in PokerStove
re-edit: did over
Old 08-24-2007, 07:36 AM

I often bet here. Then again I don't think my opponents even check their cards until I bet the turn.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:07 PM

I like the betting option here because a)you don't want to give anyone a free card and b) lot of low limit players will call the flop with just about anything and fold the turn when the betting goes up...jb
Old 08-25-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what makes that decision so hot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no decision here is so hot. But, this is a multiway pot, that went two bets preflop. Anyone who had a gutshot, clearly had the odds to call your flop bet, so I am not surprised that I got called here on the flop. If MP had some of the flop, he probably should have raised to get the SB out, if SB had a nice peice of the flop, he should have either raised the flop, or donkbet one of the streets so far. Individually, I put them on hands that I am ahead of, so I think we have a value bet on the turn. Additionally, I don't have such a powerful draw here, that if I do get raised on the turn, I am not costing myself anything extra, because I am not going to have a problem letting go of this hand against rational opponents, and both of yours seem at least semirational, so if they raise me, I am folding without a worry.