Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 07-05-2007, 12:07 PM

Default $110 NLTRN River Decision

Comments on all streets are fine, but I'm really looking at the river here.

My notes on Villain are mainly info in raised pots. He's fairly aggro in raised pots OOP and will pot flops in those situations. He's not much of a check raiser on flops so far, he's a solid loser in SS but his average stake is about 150 and he raises 4x PF when he raises (at all levels).

As far as relevance to this hand, he likes to bet a ton of flops in position when limping after I check OOP. That should explain my flop and turn line.

I haven't had many cards to raise his limps, but he's limped a decent amount of hands. I've seen him show down an A in a limped pot and I've raised his limp once, 4x BB. I had AK , flop came 467 all clubs, I had no club. I lead out 3/4ths and he folded.

Anyways, I'll way in with my thoughts on the river and what I did and results, etc. after some good comments, thanks.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t25/t50
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: t1225
Hero: t1775

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
SB calls t25 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t75)</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (t100, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">SB bets t100</font>, Hero calls t100 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t200)</font>.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t300, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t175</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to t350</font>, Hero calls t175 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t825)</font>.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (t1000, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: t1000

Edit:

I guess I should give reads as to what he's done as far as calling river bets.

He's called 3 barrels on a scary board with second pair in a raised pot to my semi bluff, and he's folded in another situation on a board that was a bit more dry. He may be a "feeling" player who tries to put someone on one hand and play based on how he fares against that one hand.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:58 PM

Default Re: $110 NLTRN River Decision

fold preflop
Old 07-05-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. U know he's BB right? chicago, this hand is horrible bro. fold flop...as played i can understand a block on turn i guess but u've played the hand so poorly that the river is kinda strange and i dont know what to do. I guess I'd check call river.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:53 PM

rofl... come on now, fold pre? let's get some decent advice here.. he was in the BB.

OK Ry, on the flop a ck/call is pretty weak here IMO, I think you gotta bet (75-100) or ck/fold

Once you got the turn It's a pretty tough call I think (175 into 900) so like... 4-1, and you have 9 diamonds, 3 5s, and 2 3s to make you a hand worth playing, so 14 outs gives your like 2.2 - 1 I think, but your still not even sure you'll be good, in a limped pot he could have diamonds, 57, etc., this is tough for me, so i'd like to see some other peoples opinions on it.

I think the river is a ck/call probably... but be wary of the push, because 87 diamonds or 57 are both in this opps limping range obv

and as for the river, I would say it's a Ck/Call in a limped pot, because they 7 is def. a possibility w/this opps range it seems, maybe 77 if he limps a ton, maybe 57 suited, I mean it could be alot

I fold on the flop for sure though and that would eliminate the other decisions, I think ck/call is pretty bad, gl man, hopefully get alot of opinions in here, i'm interested in seeing them

edit: Yea, after Indy's post I could buy a river block as well and actually think thats probably a better line, but with a block on this pot size your prolly forced to call a push anyways unless you block real low at like 275... but then your opening yourself up to have the pot taken from you if he's aggro and you are willing to fold a hand like that.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:04 PM

im thinking that i would fold the flop bet. he could have Hachemed you and floped the str8. his range here is fairly large and if your strait hits your vulnerable to any 7.
as played, however i would bet the river prob 1/2 IMO and puke on a shove.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:27 PM

i was clearly joking about folding preflop fellas
Old 07-05-2007, 02:28 PM

wow i cant believe you guys got levelled that badly
Old 07-05-2007, 05:08 PM

Villain bets almost everytime I check into limped pots OOP. Why is calling and leading the turn not the optimal line here?

He's not going to float my turn lead with nothing, I have a ton of outs to what is the best hand 90% of the time and a huge amount of fold equity in a pot that is actually going to mean something.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he likes to bet a ton of flops in position when limping after I check OOP

[/ QUOTE ]
people saying fold flop are crazy. c/c, c/r anything but fold.

As played b/c river.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:18 PM

Push the river. I think he checks behind with most of his range here. He might make a hero call or get stubborn with two pair though. I can't fold with so much money in the pot.