Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: FTP $225 bubble call range against Gramps

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Gramps, what did you end up pushing? I'm still quite confused with parts of your post. Otherwise, thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

he pushed JJ (i think thats what he is saying) so in these situations thinking players like z32 cant take JJ+ out of his range when deciding what to call with. it also allows him to broaden his range and push 87s here if he wants to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was pretty cryptic on my range on purpose - my actual hand was laughable, which is why z32 posted it.

I pushed J5o. I almost never, never do this with the stacks (even if 13 BB like I thought). But, this was one time, if there was a time to do it I thought in the 3 seconds I thought before pushing. And yes, I almsot never do this in a spot like this, but once in a blue moon it's fine for the aforementioned reasons, and SNGPT will confirm that.

About the rest of that stuff aluded to by some peeps, forget I said it, I'm just an old man rambling, don't mean to spill any beans that should be kept in the can... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: FTP $225 bubble call range against Gramps

No antes? I would be on a very tight calling ranges since he's pushing 15bbs, although I think QQ+ can be removed from his range. Like what was already stated, He's getting called so rarely that there's really little value to throwing in QQ+ sometimes, when a small raise is clearly better. I wouldn't call with less than TT+,AK. Wow J5o.