Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: Bulking: Clean Diet?

[ QUOTE ]
Now don't take this as a carte blanche for just gorging yourself year round. But if you have trouble gaining weight, at some point it becomes more important to just get the calories in than it does to eat a 5th serving of steamed broccoli that day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jah7,

Good to see even after I correct you... You still can't get past the first two sentences.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:45 AM

What are you not getting! I posted....simply "getting in more calories" is not good. You basically said it's fine to eat like crap, then saved yourself at the end. You used yourself as an example of crappy diet, and said some very misleading things. Your way is wrong, unhealthy, and generally a waste of time if your trying to gain quality mass.

Edit: Misconceptions are why I'm eventually getting out of the fitness industry. People are to sold on something they have heard or thought they experienced.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:54 AM

jah7,

Please reread my post. Point by point and make a list of conditionals.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:15 AM

You gave a way to bulk up, I proposed an alternative. I think people will have more success with my way. I gave reasons for why I thought this. Don't take me disagreeing with you so personally. I have a ton of experience on this type of subject, and on exercise science in general.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:16 AM

Thremp,
Your trolling is getting out of hand.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You gave a way to bulk up, I proposed an alternative. I think people will have more success with my way. I gave reasons for why I thought this. Don't take me disagreeing with you so personally. I have a ton of experience on this type of subject, and on exercise science in general.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying your disagreement is wrong. Please go point by point instead of saying eating sloppy is wrong in and of itself. Many pros and other people who have trouble gaining or who don't eat like I proposed. (Keep in mind the conditions I outlaid). Please elaborate and why and when you feel as if you do.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:46 AM

Thremp could use some work on saying with one post what he does with fifteen, but his point stands.

[ QUOTE ]
Now don't take this as a carte blanche for just gorging yourself year round. But if you have trouble gaining weight, at some point it becomes more important to just get the calories in than it does to eat a 5th serving of steamed broccoli that day.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not saying eating donuts all day is the way to go, but if you straight up aren't going to get those extra calories in, eat some [censored] pizza.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:52 AM

edfurlong speaks Thrempanese.

I think the reason why skinny nerds eat chicken breasts and broccoli yet complain that they can't gain any weight is because they have no fundamental understanding of nutrition. Instead, they decided they wanted to get hooge, read a few articles on the internets about how to build muscle, and make a half-assed attempt at getting some calories down.

Really, if you're having major problems gaining weight, you should practically be carrying around a jar of natural peanut butter with you. And for feck's sake, don't just blindly follow someone's program -- find out why you should eat what and how much of it.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thremp,
Your trolling is getting out of hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bitch pls. You can't hold my drunk jock. You don't even understand half my posts.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:15 PM

Ok Thremp let's figure out why my disagreement is wrong. You tell me where you disagree with what I said proposed. I will tell you (again) where I disagree with you. You STILL haven't said where you disagree with me.

[ QUOTE ]
Basically overrated. Get your nutrients. But don't shirk a large fatty ribeye, a 6pack of beers and a large pizza. In fact if bulking I'll step out on a limb and say that the aforementioned 3 items together would be far superior to a large dry leafy green salad, a baked chicken breast, and water.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible advice. Your taking 3 great foods and saying to replace them with 3 crap things because your bulking. Reccommending alcohol for building muscle is so stupid it's not even funny. The fact that you say they are far superior is baseless and one of the more crazy things I've seen posted on 2+2.

PLEASE tell me why your way to build muscle is superior to the way I reccommend.

I know A LOT of people who don't eat as you propose. Most "pros" are also using anabolic steroids, which you completely don't mention. Reccommending doing the same thing as drugged up bodybuilders is stupid in many cases. I would love to know why you think "your way" will help build more muscle....cause basically, it WON'T.

Now go on...say I can't read or something instead of dodging the topic.