Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: The Well: Pudge714

[ QUOTE ]
Will SNGs still be a viable source of income in 2 years?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Poker will always be profitable because people suck. Even if the edges get smaller people will adjust. Just because the games are tougher doesn't mean they are unbeatable. People always think the games are impossible. If you were to go back 2 years and tell people you have a 5% ROI at the $109s people would think you a mediocre to bad regular, right now you are a good regular.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Canadians: The Dumb Americans."

Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]
People are stupid in general. Canadians like to think Americans are full of stupid rednecks, but if you go to Rural Canada you will also have stupid rednecks. Canadians seem to have a giant inferiority complex with the US. They seem to think that everything Canadian is amazing and everything American is terrible. Obviously that is a gross over simplification.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How far will the Raptors go in the playoffs?

[/ QUOTE ]
If I had to bet. I would say they lose in round 2. Obviously I hope for better things.

[ QUOTE ]
Calderon or Ford?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ford. I would have said that at the beginning of the season, however when Ford came back from his injury I would have picked Calderon. Ford's best skill is his speed, coming off the injury he looked like he lost a step. I still like Ford despite the fact he leads the league in "No, No, No, Yes" plays.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you play on stars as a canadian?

[/ QUOTE ]
When the legislation went through I was 17. It took me awhile to find an unmentionable affiliate on Party so I didn't create an account under my real name until that happened. Based on the peak hours of each site I need money on both sites and right now I don't have enough money online to have decent rolls on both sites.

[ QUOTE ]
Biggest sng downswing ever?

[/ QUOTE ]
This downswing occurred right after the switch. I was game selecting bad, playing bad, and on super tilt trying to play every possible MTT so I could win and get unstuck.
My tracker is going haywire. So I can't look, but I would guess it was something like $10k total. About $5k in SNGs $5k in MTTs.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:06 PM

brief poker story and any "Ah-ha!" poker moments?
Old 03-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Do still play mostly STTs, or are you more into cash/MTTs these days?
Old 03-13-2007, 05:18 PM

Why havent you sent me an HH? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2007, 05:21 PM

Rank these Canadians in terms of awesomeness-

Unarmed
Sidney Crosby
Apathy
Avril Lavigne
Daniel Negreanu
Jamaal Magliore
Marc-Andre Fleury
Old 03-13-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
brief poker story and any "Ah-ha!" poker moments?

[/ QUOTE ]
When I was in Grade 10 I guess. Inyaface showed me www.pokerpages.com believe it or not they had tournaments that you could enter for free and still win money. I read some books saw poker on ESPN. I played like 432534534543 freerolls would win money and than bust my 25 cents or whatever. The one really good thing about pokerpages was they had things called Bugsy's Point. One Bugsy point= One cent. I won like 25bbps in a freeroll and played like 0.10BBP SNGs. I slowly built it up. Untill I won $80 in a MTT, note I lost a race TT>KQ HU another MTT I didn't win. With those winnings I grinded $2 SNGs. I had a big downswing moved down. Somehow I ended up having $3k. I think I had another second place MTT finish somewhere in there. Inyaface had told me that Apathy (who I knew IRL before poker) had won $20k in a MTT and that he knew some guy from Texas named Raptor who knew live TV pro and WSOP bracelet winner Gavin Griffin. I was impressed. I also remember hearing about how Raptor lost his BR in blackjack and wanted to go to Vegas and sign up for WSOP events using a fake ID.

I Moved to FTP played those SNGs. Than I moved to Party played the $33s, moved to the $55s, moved to to the $109s last summer. I also went to Vegas and stayed in the Ship it Holla mansion where I met TheUsher, Irieguy, Bones, Noodleman, Jman, Unarmed, and G2cu. Unfortunately I couldn't play much in the summer because of that stupid bug on Party which would only allow you to 5table or buttons would disappear. I still ran really good and won like $12k in 500 $109s.
After the legislation I moved to Stars. Had that big downswing mentioned earlier, grinded it back at the $60s, qualified for the PCA.

At the PCA I met Bonafone, Goggles, Deuce2high, Raptor and durr (although I met him before in Toronto). Roman aka Empire2000 busted me at the end of day 1. TT>AK. Once again MTTs=rigged. I didn't play great lots of small live stuff I didn't pick up on. In general I acted way too fast. I probably gave off tons of tells.

I came back and killed January won like $15k. February was a losing month and I think I'm close to break even in March. Although I have lost about $1k backing inyaface in live MTTs.

That's about it. If you have any more specific questions shoot.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do still play mostly STTs, or are you more into cash/MTTs these days?

[/ QUOTE ]
STTs. Since the future of poker is questionable I want to grind at something I know I;m good at and make lots of money. I play MTTs a fair amount, but they always tilt me unless I win.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:23 PM

What are some fun things I could do in Toronto over the next 2 weeks?

Who is the most underrated player you know personally?