Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2006, 05:42 PM

Default QJo hand

Reads: UTG is 65/45 and spews post-flop. One example, he capped the flop w/ 76o on a K55 flop, raised the turn (called my three bet w/ an OESD), and rivered his runner-runner (We went four bets w/ my 25s). He had done some insane other stuff too like donk w/ A high on a very scary board on the turn, call two back to him and then c/r the river with his A high.

The cold-caller is unknown.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.66 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (14.66 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero ?
Old 05-26-2006, 05:47 PM

Default Re: QJo hand

check down, wouldn't want to get c/r bluffed and you've got the third player to worry about.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:48 PM

if your turn raise was for a free showdown, check behind on the river. someone has an ace i think.

bbb
Old 05-26-2006, 05:49 PM

getting c/r bluffed would be kind of awesome, actually.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:50 PM

I don't get the turn raise. Are you hoping he bluff 3 bets or something? I'd just calldown from the turn.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:52 PM

Bet, hoping for one of the following to happen:
UTG check/raises and MP folds a better hand (KJ/A-rag).
UTG pads the pot some more and MP was double gutted on the flop.
MP thinks you are both retarded and calls with JT.

UTG being totally stupid makes a value bet more appealing - you don't have to be beating MP as often if UTG is frequently putting in a bet with a losing hand.

Also, why no preflop 3-bet?
Old 05-26-2006, 05:54 PM

MP complicates things. Did he just sit down? Or has he seen UTG going wild? Maniacs have a funny effect on the game. They make EVERYONE paranoid about everyone. i.e., it's not necessarily safe to assume MP has an Ace here. He knows UTG is going nuts, and he's seen you play back at him, and he might not be letting go of anything. So your turn raise arguably has value. I might be stretching it a bit, though.

EDIT: In case it isn't clear, I'm in the bet camp.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:57 PM

If it was just you and UTG on the river I'd say bet for value, but with MP still in there, I check the river and hope MP missed a draw.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MP complicates things. Did he just sit down? Or has he seen UTG going wild? Maniacs have a funny effect on the game. They make EVERYONE paranoid about everyone. i.e., it's not necessarily safe to assume MP has an Ace here. He knows UTG is going nuts, and he's seen you play back at him, and he might not be letting go of anything. So your turn raise arguably has value. I might be stretching it a bit, though.

EDIT: In case it isn't clear, I'm in the bet camp.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that MP doesn't know that UTG is crazy or the only hand he holds to beat us is KJ. Or possibly he's just quite passive and doesn't know how to adjust. Because if he knows what's going on a turn call/3-bet is very appealing with a pair of aces for MP. This line of thinking again encourages a bet on the river.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
getting c/r bluffed would be kind of awesome, actually.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on Mp. Average player in this game I doubt will lay down an A here.