Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2006, 05:39 PM

Default Re: E3!!!

I thought you were advocating a very passive chess opening for white.

1. e3.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:42 PM

Wii will be the final nail in the coffin for Nintendo.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty excited about the Nintendo Wii and it's game. Does anyone else share my curiosity? Everyone only seems interested in the PS3 and Xbox360. Metroid 3, Mario Galaxy and the new Zelda are games to look for and they all look amazing! Well there was only a few seconds to be seen of Mario Galaxy and that was enough to get me hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen a four-minute clip of Mario Galaxy from the show floor, looked damn cool (sorry, don't have the link). The Wii is really looking to surpass my previous expectations. I'm very impressed.

Microsoft's also had a good conference so far. I don't have a 360 so I haven't played any of their demos, but what I've seen is making me want one. I'll probably end up buying a Wii and a 360.

Sony's conference has blown.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that you can buy a wii and a 360 for the price of a ps3 is pretty sick.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:43 PM

I thought the tilt sensor in the PS3 controller was a pretty cool feature. Would make playing games like Halo much easier.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought the tilt sensor in the PS3 controller was a pretty cool feature. Would make playing games like Halo much easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way Sony came out and dismissed the Wii controller as a gimmick, then introduced their tilt sensors as the future of gaming really struck me as funny.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Highly unlikely. In a market that is saturated w/ graphics over game quality, Nintendo has decided to choose innovation, a route Sony nor Xbox 360 chose to follow. For this, Xbox 360 and PS3 show nearly no innovation. They're only change in the functionality of the system, is the quality of the graphics. The market needs change and not just minimal improvements. They sacrificed cost in order to make these small changes to the system giving Nintendo a huge stronghold on a large percentage of the market. Both systems in release will cost at least double what the wii costs. There is no way it could do poorly, unless they severely screwed up w/ the innovative controller.
Yes 360 and PS3 have many avantages over the wii but economically speaking there is no way the wii could do poorly. Cost is a huge aspect in choosing a system, and the 360 and ps3 chose to ignore this, I wouldn't say this is their downfall but it will allow Nintendo to acquire a large percentage of the video game market.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:11 PM

Im going to be there too. Nothing beats booth babes and video games.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:14 PM

This game looks hot too..

"..Forza Motorsport 2, a racing game for which Microsoft will sell a wireless steering wheel and headset.."

At least as far as the wrieless wheel is concerned . Im a huge fan of Project Gotham lets hope the quality/game play is the same
Old 05-10-2006, 06:32 PM

Live AnyWhere looks to be pretty cool. The next Windows OS will include it so that you can play games online with players using XBox.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Highly unlikely. In a market that is saturated w/ graphics over game quality, Nintendo has decided to choose innovation, a route Sony nor Xbox 360 chose to follow. For this, Xbox 360 and PS3 show nearly no innovation. They're only change in the functionality of the system, is the quality of the graphics. The market needs change and not just minimal improvements. They sacrificed cost in order to make these small changes to the system giving Nintendo a huge stronghold on a large percentage of the market. Both systems in release will cost at least double what the wii costs. There is no way it could do poorly, unless they severely screwed up w/ the innovative controller.
Yes 360 and PS3 have many avantages over the wii but economically speaking there is no way the wii could do poorly. Cost is a huge aspect in choosing a system, and the 360 and ps3 chose to ignore this, I wouldn't say this is their downfall but it will allow Nintendo to acquire a large percentage of the video game market.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was their model for the Gamecube.