Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 12:12 AM

Default Re: Just Got Patrik Antonius Answer To The Question I Asked Kenny Tran

I remember someone saying they played live with Bld and Bld was as scary live as he his online. Calling guy's hole cards, etc. I'd like to hear his take on this.

Seeing Townsend, Wasika, Adams and Galfond play on HSP was like watching a bunch of unk guys in some random live game somewhere. Except at nose bleed limits. They were no big deal. Galfond looked like scared money. Farha can be a donkey but it was clear that if he was in a pot with any of those, he was the one who'd bet with nothing and take it home. I know Townsend played him live and won at the B.

For a man as young as he, Taylor Caby is obviously a very smart man who sees the big picture of business and life. He's a very impressive success story. Nice to see. I wish him luck. Reminds of a Bobby Baldwin type. A great player who realizes that as great as poker is, there's a bigger world than it and more rewarding in many ways.

Sklansky comes off in these threads like the chump kid in the school yard who runs from one side to the other, telling them what the other side said. All the while hoping to see a fight he doesn't have the stones for himself.

Why doesn't Sklansky just come out and say "Attn big shot online guys. I'll be at the 5 Diamond on x day at x time and want to play xblinds. I'm going to have some big name live guys there. Come on down."

His answer will be that his EV isn't so great in the game so it won't happen. I hear he likes the horses though. Now there's a +EV spot if there ever was one. I grew up within walking distance of Aqueduct. Horses and EV. LOL.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:28 AM

In no Order
doyle
todd
barryg
bobby baldwin
kenny tran
Gabe thaler
sammy farha
patrick
ivey
jennifer harman
lisandro
Nick Shulman
tedd forrest
benyamine
serb
elezra
chan
hennigan
chip
cunningham
Old 11-25-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In no Order
doyle
todd
barryg
bobby baldwin
kenny tran
Gabe thaler
sammy farha
patrick
ivey
jennifer harman
lisandro
Nick Shulman
tedd forrest
benyamine
serb
elezra
chan
hennigan
chip
cunningham

[/ QUOTE ]

great. now this thread can turn into a bunch of random people listing players they've seen on T.V.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:55 AM

have you played with any of these guys?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:57 AM

only gabe and serb
Old 11-25-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

live i've only played with 9 of them. online a couple others.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe once you get to the top top live tier, there is a big skill jump, or maybe I just played it for a really soft week... but I doubt it. The fact is, the best players play online cause you can win more money at it. Even if I had a higher expectation per hand in that 25/50 game than playing 5/10, the fact that I get 30 hands an hour at live 25/50 and 600 hands per hour at 5/10 means that my winrate would have to be FOUR TIME AS HIGH at 25/50 then at online 5/10 for me to have a higher hourly there. Given how rarely high stakes pure NL games run that are easy to get into, it makes perfect sense that the best players in the world play primarily online.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's quite a logical leap you took. It could also mean that the top 20 players in the world don't need to be/have no desire to be in action all the time. And/or that they have no trouble getting into the big game (or at least *a* big game) when they need to.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the problem with this question/thread is that it is in anyone's best interest who has a "spot" on this list to say what the people who create this game would want to hear.

if you were patrik antonius or brandon adams, and you had access to a very juicy game, and telling the rest of the world just how juicy it was and how bad people play might put at risk your invitation to the game and/or cause better players to show up to the game, what would you say??

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt they just say no comment then or not post...i dont see how giving a false statement or making a false post would have any more benefit then staying quiet

[/ QUOTE ]

let's say for example, there was a very rich player who liked to play a certain game. let's say that, even though he has lost millions of dollars in the game and the game pretty much only runs that high when he is in town, everyone that plays him calls him "fearless" and "one of the best in the world," and that he is hands down the toughest player to play.

can you see how this would be better than simply saying nothing at all, and how this would prolong his stay at the game, even though he is losing millions of dollars in it?

poker is very much an ego game. the guys that lose a lot of money want to have fun and compete, but they didn't get to where they are in life by being "losers." they truly want to believe they are good and can win, and when they admit to themselves that they have no chance, they will move on to something else.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and imagine how many top HS pros would be mad if another HS pro blogged about how bad this huge fish played. Boy I'd hate to be the owner of THAT site......
Old 11-25-2007, 02:47 AM

JAMIE GOLD PLAYS LIVE

ERGO

LIVE PLAYERS ARE WORSE THAN INTERNET PLAYERS.

QED