Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Lego Poker training videos....a joke?

I watched the video. It is definitely thought provoking to see a successful player playing a very LAG style and I think he did a good job explaining his thought processes. Thank you OP for bringing it to my attention. However, I think it is fair to say that a $25NL guy trying some of those plays, without CS's hand reading abilities would be spewing. Maybe there should be a "Don't try this at home kids" warning attached to it.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Click Coaching->Our Professional Coaches->carrotsnake to see his rates and coaching details. Sorry this is not more obvious. We are working on an advanced coaching area which will help a lot with this and scheduling/payments etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Also, is bobbofittos making videos or just part of the coaching team?

[/ QUOTE ]

He will also be making videos (all the current coaches will be).
Old 11-21-2007, 12:26 PM

is clayton a leggo pro. he has the avatar but i haven't seen him mentioned unless he is cwar?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:32 PM

on a marketing point, it is probably a good idea for your sample videos to show winning sessions, obviously this isn't as authentic and a losing session won't stop someone like me from purchasing a subscription, but some people are more results orientated, and if the pro has a losing session they'll be like 'zomg, what rubbish is this' whilst if they have a winning session they'll be like 'wow, i'm gonna be rich if i join this site'

i remember GP's sample on cardrunners was him pretty much crushing a 3/6 6max table and it was very impressive

so i would suggest that you swap the carrotsnake video's making the 2nd video the sample. i guarantee you will get more punters this way
Old 11-21-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on a marketing point, it is probably a good idea for your sample videos to show winning sessions, obviously this isn't as authentic and a losing session won't stop someone like me from purchasing a subscription, but some people are more results orientated, and if the pro has a losing session they'll be like 'zomg, what rubbish is this' whilst if they have a winning session they'll be like 'wow, i'm gonna be rich if i join this site'

i remember GP's sample on cardrunners was him pretty much crushing a 3/6 6max table and it was very impressive

so i would suggest that you swap the carrotsnake video's making the 2nd video the sample. i guarantee you will get more punters this way

[/ QUOTE ]

this is very true,

also i'd just like to say Ive watched all the videos and I think they're all excellent, keep up the good work and i cant wait to watch more [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice marketing gimmick by Lego Poker imo. Some relatively unknown saying he didn't like a vid off of a small sample and then a bunch of highly respected posters coming in to comment on the quality of the vid. I'll be taking a look. Maybe carrotsnake will reveal how he always hits when he gets it in behind against me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty offended that you or anyone would think this is a sly marketing attempt. In fact, Chris frantically told me yesterday that someone was bashing our videos in NVG. All of us have very well respected reputations, and frankly do not need to spam marketing. I don't know this 05 character at all, but I'm pretty sure if I would have hired him I would have told him that our name is LeggoPoker with 2 G's [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 11-21-2007, 02:04 PM

haha good thread, carry on
Old 11-21-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One thing specifically similar is when carrottop deduced that "TwelveBeers" is a TAG more or less "because of his name"??? among other things...

[/ QUOTE ]

what if i told you, as one of the top nlhe cash players in the world who does most of his poker playing online, that he was right?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, this is pretty much an insta-tell and I use this information all the time (a guy named IPwnU or DontRaiseMeBro is way more likely to be a tag than someone named alpah42 or something)
Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 PM

i long considered making a screen name composed of a european first name and three numbers, but i value my screen name enough to say no
Old 11-21-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i long considered making a screen name composed of a european first name and three numbers, but i value my screen name enough to say no

[/ QUOTE ]

hans123 sends his regards