Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Coaching/Training > DeucesCracked.com

Old 10-21-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Sample Video: Josh (sthief09) teaches Limit to NL - 200NL

Maybe they're sober when they make the videos?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:47 AM

Josh, can you explain your thinking with the AA hand at the end of the session? The J is a bad turn card because not only does it improve some hands you were beating (KJ and maybe QJs), but it's going to make it easier for AQ to get away. So it seems like the only worse hand that calls your turn push is AK? Is checking bad because you expect him to take a free card instead of betting with the hands you are ahead of? Because of the stack sizes, are you committed once your flop bet is called?

Seemed like a tough spot, and I got the impression that the turn push was not a desirable play, but you seemed to imply by your voice inflection and description of the play that there was no better option. I just wondered how much checking with the intention of calling a push/raising all-in or checking with the intention of folding to a push had merit and how much worse you would consider those plays in this spot.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:13 AM

The video is no longer free? Everytime i try to d.l it i can't
Old 10-25-2007, 08:32 AM

ShipitFMA, I just tried to download that video with a test account and had no problems. You are talking about the full length one off www.deucescracked.com right? You are trying it while logged in to a free registered account?

Feel free to email us at support@deucescracked.com, we'll get this figured out for you. That video will definitely remain free.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-25-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh, can you explain your thinking with the AA hand at the end of the session? The J is a bad turn card because not only does it improve some hands you were beating (KJ and maybe QJs), but it's going to make it easier for AQ to get away. So it seems like the only worse hand that calls your turn push is AK? Is checking bad because you expect him to take a free card instead of betting with the hands you are ahead of? Because of the stack sizes, are you committed once your flop bet is called?

Seemed like a tough spot, and I got the impression that the turn push was not a desirable play, but you seemed to imply by your voice inflection and description of the play that there was no better option. I just wondered how much checking with the intention of calling a push/raising all-in or checking with the intention of folding to a push had merit and how much worse you would consider those plays in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm holding off on breaking down the hand since I've already done an in depth analysis and the site will be releasing it soon. I think you're right though. From playing a bit bigger, I think in my mind that became an automatic all-in, but given how I had been playing, and how he had been playing, I've come to the conclusion that it's a check-fold. Look out for that article though. Not sure when they'll release it though. I'll try to shoot you a pm if I can remember.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:08 PM

I just want everyone to know that Josh's full video is free on our site!

Sign up for a basic DeucesCracked acccount (free) and download the video, Click HERE.